    if anybody can give me any pointers plese do so - even a *nix program
    which works on windows will do.

    Steven H

    Steven H, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Steven H

    Rupert Guest

    what about using the ftp command at the windows command prompt?

    start->run
    cmd (or command for <= win98 users )

    ftp ftp.ihug.co.nz

    login as anonymous or whatever....

    you can probably even make a windows boot disk and copy the ftp.exe file
    from windows\system32 or wherever

    Rupert, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Steven H

    Ian Boag Guest

    Try FTPS.EXE from MoveIt. Freeware. Has an exe and a couple of DLLs.
    About 450k all up. It's a command line puppy - a dropin replacement
    for the mormal command line product. I went to it because I needed
    something that does passive mode (it does, normal cl client doesn't)

    IB

    Ian Boag, Oct 16, 2003
  4. Steven H

    max Guest

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:20:31 +1300, Steven H <>
    wrote:

    >iam in dire need of a SMALL (executable only - Fit on a Floppy) ftp
    >client that i can use to connect to a SSL / TLS personal FTP server.
    >
    >it doesnt have to have a UI, command line will be ok but it MUST be able
    >to work on a Windows Box with a login who has only User cradentals.
    >
    >if anybody can give me any pointers plese do so - even a *nix program
    >which works on windows will do.

    I think wsftp le could fit that criteria

    max, Oct 16, 2003
  5. Steven H

    harry Guest

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:20:31 +1300, Steven H wrote:

    > iam in dire need of a SMALL (executable only - Fit on a Floppy) ftp
    > client that i can use to connect to a SSL / TLS personal FTP server.
    >
    > it doesnt have to have a UI, command line will be ok but it MUST be able
    > to work on a Windows Box with a login who has only User cradentals.
    >
    > if anybody can give me any pointers plese do so - even a *nix program
    > which works on windows will do.

    PuTTY has PSFTP which might do the trick
    http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

    harry, Oct 16, 2003
  6. Steven H

    Steven H Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Try FTPS.EXE from MoveIt. Freeware. Has an exe and a couple of DLLs.
    > About 450k all up. It's a command line puppy - a dropin replacement
    > for the mormal command line product. I went to it because I needed
    > something that does passive mode (it does, normal cl client doesn't)
    >
    > IB

    sweet, works a treat

    Steven H

    Steven H, Oct 16, 2003
  7. Steven H

    larry Guest

    Rupert wrote:

    > what about using the ftp command at the windows command prompt?

    It doesn't support SSL/TLS does it?

    larry, Oct 16, 2003
  8. Steven H

    AD. Guest

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:18:20 +1300, harry wrote:

    > PuTTY has PSFTP which might do the trick
    > http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems like an sftp client. FTP
    with SSL/TLS could possibly be described more like ftps :)

    sftp is related to ssh/scp - similar command line interface as FTP, but
    completely different protocol (ssh) and server.

    It is pretty cool though. If openssh had better support for chrooting sftp
    it would be even better!

    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Oct 16, 2003