Need a Project manager Contract

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Huli Puli, Apr 28, 2007.

  1. Huli Puli

    Huli Puli Guest

    1. Project manager Contract 6+ months, San Jose, CA

    Experience level: mid level: Typically requires BS Business, CS or
    equivalent plus 10+ years IT experience, with minimum 5 years project
    lead/management. MS/MBA desired.

    Overview:

    Client is undertaking a major strategic initiative to create a new
    state-of-the Production Data Center (PDC). An experienced IT Project Manager
    is required to help with the complex and challenging area of infrastructure
    migration to the new PDC. This exciting role will be focused on
    infrastructure migration strategy, driving organizational readiness and the
    implementation of new processes, policies, standards and infrastructure
    architecture.

    The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in infrastructure
    services and application project management for Client's IT Infrastructure
    functional groups. The candidate will need to partner closely with IT
    infrastructure architecture and functional teams to influence and drive
    migration. The candidate should also have a track record of delivery in
    large and complex initiatives.

    Job Description/RESPONSIBILITIES

    Planning

    - Define and Validate Project Scope (e.g. clarify project request, conduct
    needs analysis; identify project priorities)
    - Create Project Plan and Schedule (e.g. estimate work required; validate
    and translate into tasks and duration)
    - Select and Apply Standards (e.g. define delivery process, roles &
    responsibilities, and operational norms; ensure team compliance)
    - Assess Risk (e.g. identify risks and create mitigation plans)
    - Define Metrics (e.g. identify measures for success)

    Delivery
    - Manage Project Delivery Process (e.g. drive project through methodology
    gates; track progress, identify, escalate, and resolve issues; recommend and
    ensure decisions)
    - Manage Scope (e.g. analyze impacts to project, clarify dependencies,
    constraints, assumptions; evaluate and administer scope change requests)
    - Manage Project Costs (e.g. estimate / forecast project funding; request
    budget and make reallocation decisions as needed; ensure project is within
    budget)
    - Close Project (e.g. drive completion of project; manage post-project
    transition to client or business owner)
    - Mentor Team (e.g. share knowledge and expertise with others)

    METRICS
    - On-time Delivery (e.g. meet milestones and target completion or release
    dates)
    - Cost Containment (e.g. implement projects/end-product within budgetary
    parameters)
    - Quality of Project Delivery (e.g. consistent communications, effective
    and seamless mitigation of risk, issue resolution, and scope management)
    - Stakeholder Satisfaction (e.g. meeting/exceeding expectations set by
    stakeholders; adoption of program end-product and/or service(s))
    - Effective Cross-Functional Partnering (e.g. successful alignment,
    integration of relevant parts)
    - Compliance with Standard Processes and Methodologies (e.g. application of
    the IT standard Project Life Cycle and use of associated standard
    documents)
    - Improved Processes / Productivity
    - Improved Team Capability / Productivity

    EDUCATION
    Minimum College/Undergraduate degree (e.g. B.S/B.A) or equivalent

    If you are in the Bay Area and are looking for a contract position or would
    like to move please forward your resume asap.
    Huli Puli, Apr 28, 2007

  2. Dear Huli Puli [or whatever your name is]:

    It would be nice if you could post a real e-mail address to send a reply to.
    I would like to know which contracting firm you are with, as I have had the
    unfortunate experience of working with a lousy one (withheld money, missed
    paychecks, etc.) and don't want to repeat that mistake.

    It would also help to let us do some research to determine if this is a
    legitimate job or not. [e.g. is it posted elsewhere?]

    What industry is this client in?

    Also, can you give a range on the rate the client is willing to pay, and
    whether partial telecommuting is available?
    [former resident of Cupertino (Monta Vista)]

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnlXZXN0TUNTRA==?=, Apr 30, 2007

  3. Huli Puli

    Huli Puli Guest

    Hello Mr. West

    Thank you for responding to this posting.

    Please send your resume and a cover letter to the following e-mail address
    attention Chetan

    For more infomraiton please visit http://www.processglobal.com

    Regards,
    Huli