    work either.
    --
    Beth
    =?Utf-8?B?QmV0aA==?=, Sep 1, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QmV0aA==?=

    Guest

    Beth wrote:
    > I failed to mention in my previous message that I have a Lexmark X4270 Fax,
    > printer, scanner, copier that won't work & also bought a HP Combo that won't
    > work either.

    You will need to contact Lexmark about their
    driver. It seems they don't have a Win x64
    driver on their web site.

    What is an HP Combo printer? I can't find that one.
    , Sep 1, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QmV0aA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You may be able to get the printing to work with one of the built in
    drivers, but the other functions are unlikely to ever be supported.

    John Barnes, Sep 1, 2006
  4. What is exactly an HP combo?
    Is it a PSC (Printer, Scanner, Copier)?
    If such is the case, then you'll find beta drivers on HP site.
    I have an HP 5650 printer, and HP PSC 1410 working in x64 with no problems
    using those drives.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 1, 2006
  5. It is a printer, scanner, copier & fax.
    --
    Beth

    =?Utf-8?B?QmV0aA==?=, Sep 1, 2006
  6. What is a beta driver? I am partially computer literate!
    --
    Beth

    =?Utf-8?B?QmV0aA==?=, Sep 1, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?QmV0aA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Can you read? Hopefully Carlos can help you find something which will help
    with all your functions. If not buy a Brother AIO or Epson which have
    drivers for their all in ones or use the printer function with an alternate
    driver and forget the other functions.

    John Barnes, Sep 1, 2006
  8. What is the model number of that HP Combo? There is a slim chance that those
    drivers Carlos mentions will work on the PSC portion of that thing - the fax
    probably will never come to life on this system. Not unless you can wring
    some info out of HP support ( they are actually quite nice when I write
    them), you will want to know what chip is driving the fax - then try and
    find out if other fax hardware is known to be working on winx64 AND that is
    using the same chip.

    Software being worked on is generally known as Alpha Versions, Beta Versions
    are released to the public, no charge, for testing purposes, is often
    bug-ridden and unreliable. Everybody here with HP printers started out with
    the pre-Beta Version, this is a rare animal and is leaked to the public by
    unofficial channels and is not recognised by the company and you can get no
    help or support. Those drivers were working perfectly for almost a year for
    me. Then the Beta was released and the installation is considerably more
    polished and functionality has been added but it is basically the same
    driver, and still not a hick-up.

    Carlos has a knack for disecting the driver's *.INF file and armed with the
    model number he will probably be able to give you the odds of having it
    print again?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 1, 2006
  9. A beta driver is a driver that is still in testing stage but it is still
    functional, maybe with some bugs.
    These HP beta drivers work flawlessly for all of us here.
    Here's the web page:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...roduct=304445&lang=en&softwareitem=oj-39336-1
    Please follow the instructions PRECISELY when installing the drivers.
    This is the download link:
    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software7/COL13996/oj-39336-1/x64Drv5.64.0.17.exe
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 2, 2006
  10. I took the HP back to Wal-Mart. I am disgusted. I have never had this problem
    before. But, I have never had a 64 bit, either. Thank you all for your
    answers. They really helped.
    --
    Beth

    =?Utf-8?B?QmV0aA==?=, Sep 2, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?QmV0aA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Brother has 64-bit drivers for their reasonalby priced multi-function
    machines. My MFC-5440CN works fine for fax/copy/scan/print
    You can look in the file ntprint.inf to see a list of printers (not
    multi-function) that had native printing in x64 and you may be able to get
    the printing FUNCTION of your Lexmark working, but not the other FUNCTIONS
    by selecting one of the nativer drivers. Others have.

    John Barnes, Sep 2, 2006
  12. Of course I can read and thanks for the info
    --
    Beth

    =?Utf-8?B?QmV0aA==?=, Sep 4, 2006