  1. Im looking for a NIC card that is supported by XP 64bit. And the company
    actually has drivers for it. 10/100 would be nice. But if its gotta be a
    dual port 100/1000 I'll take it.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgVGhvbXBzb24=?=, Jul 2, 2005

  2. The Micronet cards I've been getting here in Canada are quite reasonably
    priced, are 10/100/1000 cards, and are based on the RealTek 8169S chipset.
    There are updated drivers available, but my experience is that they'll work
    out of the box. Price here has been around $36 CAD, with them being available
    sometimes for as little as $18 CAD on special.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 2, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgVGhvbXBzb24=?=

    Mercury Guest

    How low is the CPU usage? IE are they PIO still?
    The reason I ask is that I am having a bad experience with a Realtek GB Nic.

    Mercury, Jul 2, 2005
  4. I'm not really pushing them at all, so not in a position to be a fair test.
    These are primarily test machines, and they're fine for that. If I were
    building a server, I'd probably look for a server oriented card, but for what
    I'm doing right now, at this price, I'm fine with them.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 2, 2005
  5. Thanks Mr. Russel

    You've been most helpful

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgVGhvbXBzb24=?=, Jul 3, 2005