    any idea what/where to order?

    Cheers
    JohnO
    JohnO, Sep 24, 2008

  2. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    On Sep 24, 5:32 pm, JohnO <> wrote:
    > This think got so glugged up with dust that it destroyed the fan. I
    > have popped the fan/heatsink off the card and just need a new one -
    > any idea what/where to order?
    >
    > Cheers
    > JohnO

    Correction: need a new heatsink/fan for the card.
    JohnO, Sep 24, 2008

  3. On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 18:19:28 +1200, OZZY Boy <> wrote
    in <news:>:

    > On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 21:32:25 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <> wrote:
    >
    >>This think got so glugged up with dust that it destroyed the fan. I
    >>have popped the fan/heatsink off the card and just need a new one -
    >>any idea what/where to order?
    >>
    >>Cheers
    >>JohnO

    > Lube the Fan that is all you need to do..

    What, and leave the fan and heatsink all clogged up with gunge?

    What a bloody dumb reply, Woger! But not unexpected.
    You can be an unbelievably thick pill sometimes!

    --
    - Nic.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Sep 24, 2008
  4. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    On Sep 24, 6:19 pm, OZZY Boy <>
    wrote:
    > On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 21:32:25 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <> wrote:
    > >This think got so glugged up with dust that it destroyed the fan. I
    > >have popped the fan/heatsink off the card and just need a new one -
    > >any idea what/where to order?

    > >Cheers
    > >JohnO

    > Lube the Fan that is all you need to do..

    Nah it was really poked. I think it ground to a halt (was absolutely
    packed with dust) then burned out.
    JohnO, Sep 24, 2008
  5. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    On Sep 24, 5:34 pm, thingy <> wrote:
    > JohnO wrote:
    > > On Sep 24, 5:32 pm, JohnO <> wrote:
    > >> This think got so glugged up with dust that it destroyed the fan. I
    > >> have popped the fan/heatsink off the card and just need a new one -
    > >> any idea what/where to order?

    > >> Cheers
    > >> JohnO

    > > Correction: need a new heatsink/fan for the card.

    > $45...
    >
    > http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=356561
    >
    > is shown as compatible with a 6600GT.
    >
    > here are the install instructions...
    >
    > http://www.evercool.com.tw/install/instal_vcrhc.htm
    >
    > Looks pretty reasonable / straight forward to do.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    Looks good - thanks for that.
    JohnO, Sep 24, 2008
  6. On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 01:09:44 +1200, OZZY Boy <> wrote
    in <news:>:

    > On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 18:35:34 +1200, Nicolaas Hawkins <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 18:19:28 +1200, OZZY Boy <> wrote
    >>in <news:>:

    >>> Lube the Fan that is all you need to do..

    >>What, and leave the fan and heatsink all clogged up with gunge?
    >>
    >>What a bloody dumb reply, Woger! But not unexpected.
    >>You can be an unbelievably thick pill sometimes!

    > What a Idiot you are, I have done this many many times to lots of Fans and 3D card ones, don't
    > comments on things that you just don't know about..

    It is not I who is the idiot, bozodork - if you don't even have the
    intelligence to read what I wrote then it is a waste of my valuable time
    even trying to talk sense to you.

    EOT

    --
    - Nic.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Sep 24, 2008
  7. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    On Sep 25, 9:39 am, thing2 <> wrote:
    > JohnO wrote:
    > > This think got so glugged up with dust that it destroyed the fan. I
    > > have popped the fan/heatsink off the card and just need a new one -
    > > any idea what/where to order?

    > > Cheers
    > > JohnO

    > Do you need to have a 6600GT? you could pretty much get a slotin new
    > card for about what you will spend on the new fan and get a 3 yr
    > warrantee...
    >
    > This 8400GS is $64, should just slot in, so little risk or fiddling, it
    > has a passive sink so no fan to fail....and has 3 yrs on it.
    >
    > http://www.pp.co.nz/products.php?pp_id=AA06826
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    Thanks for the tip. How does it compare to the 6600GT for performance?

    Cheers
    JohnO
    JohnO, Sep 25, 2008