Need a hand here

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by MDYOUNG23, Apr 7, 2005.

  1. MDYOUNG23

    MDYOUNG23 Guest

    Ok here's the deal
    I have a client whos PC has got a virus of some sort, probably NS_3
    Anyway I did a diag and found that her HD was damaged as well. I wa
    getting a data backup started when I realized all of her imprortan
    Doc's are in here Admin folder which is giving me "denied access"
    So took the HD out of her Laptop and put it in an enclosure and hooke
    it up to my Laptop
    I can now get into her Admin folder but cant read her data
    "Document or path is not valid
    Check file permissions for document or drive.

    All her files i try to open have same response. Plus pictures do no
    show nor a preview
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thk

    --
    MDYOUNG2
    MDYOUNG23's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=1140

    MDYOUNG23, Apr 7, 2005

  2. MDYOUNG23

    MrGrumpy Guest

    You may have to take 'ownership' of the folder(s) ,assuming its an ntfs file
    sys, but then you dont mention client o/s.

    MrGrumpy, Apr 7, 2005

  3. MDYOUNG23

    Carter Guest

    MDYOUNG23 wrote:

    > Ok here's the deal,
    > I have a client

    I truly feel sorry for your client. Tell her to hire some **** who knows
    what he's doing, and to get /far/ away from you.

    --
    Carter
    (><)

    Carter, Apr 7, 2005