    Perhaps the Fuji F700?
    Thank you
    Achim

    Achim Schulze, Dec 16, 2003

  2. Achim Schulze

    Guest

    Achim Schulze <> wrote:
    > Is there a digicam with a good video mode compareable to camcorder? (Good
    > video mode means VGA resolution, minimum 3 minutes recording, adjust focus
    > and aperure while recording)

    Not that I know of. If you want a video camera, buy one. If you want
    a digital camera, then buy one of those. If you need video and still
    digital cameras, buy both of them. Buying a combined unit means you
    are going to have to accept compromises in the quality and features
    of your ditial or video functions.

    , Dec 16, 2003

  3. I'd be interested to know which digital (stills) camera CAN automatically
    and continuously adjust exposure in video mode.

    Does anyone here know?

    I tried a Canon Canon PowerShot S400 (Digital IXUS 400) but its exposure
    remained fixed throughout the movie, often resulting in over/under-exposed
    movies.

    For example: John Smith, Dec 16, 2003
  4. Achim Schulze

    Bill Guest

    Fuji S602, and the new Fuji S7000 have an excellent video mode. Two of the
    few digital still cameras that CAN shoot full size VGA (640x480) with audio,
    AND....they do it at 30 frames per second! I don't know of any other digital
    cameras that can do this. These cameras also take care of exposure changes
    while shooting. The only thing you can't do is zoom during recording. You
    have to zoom out first, then start shooting. This is true of nearly all
    digital still cameras that have a movie mode.

    I find it very helpful to have this feature, since I know I would NEVER lug
    two different cameras around with me. Although my priority is shooting still
    iamges, I do like to be able to shoot a movie sometimes.

    If you're really into video, then you might opt for a separate video camera.
    But these two models do the best movies available in a still image digital
    camera.

    Bill

    Bill, Dec 16, 2003
  5. Achim Schulze

    Bill, Dec 17, 2003
  6. They don't focus while you are zooming either. Not as much of a problem as
    it could be because of the small sensor, but it makes you jump through hoops
    to use it. Nothing close to as good as a camcorder, but fine for little
    clips to email to family, post on your XXX site etc...

    Manfred von Richthofen, Dec 17, 2003
  7. Achim Schulze

    Bill Guest

    I don't understand what you mean by saying "they don't focus while you
    zoom". I said you zoom before you start the recording. Then you focus in
    the normal way, pressing the shutter ½ way and wait for autofocus, and then
    start recording the movie. Or you can zoom and then use manual focus before
    you start recording.
    Bill

    Bill, Dec 17, 2003
  8. Achim Schulze

    Cambium Guest

    "The only thing you can't do is zoom during recording. You
    have to zoom out first, then start shooting. This is true
    of nearly all
    digital still cameras that have a movie mode."

    I just tried this with my Olympus 2100, and it will zoom
    while shooting.

    "Bill" <> wrote in message
    > Fuji S602, and the new Fuji S7000 have an excellent video

    mode. Two of the
    > few digital still cameras that CAN shoot full size VGA

    (640x480) with audio,
    > AND....they do it at 30 frames per second! I don't know of

    any other digital
    > cameras that can do this. These cameras also take care of

    exposure changes
    > while shooting. The only thing you can't do is zoom during

    recording. You
    > have to zoom out first, then start shooting. This is true

    of nearly all
    > digital still cameras that have a movie mode.
    >

    > "For example: John Smith" <1@2.3> wrote in message
    > > I'd be interested to know which digital (stills) camera

    CAN automatically
    > > and continuously adjust exposure in video mode.
    > >
    > > Does anyone here know?
    > >
    > > I tried a Canon Canon PowerShot S400 (Digital IXUS 400)

    but its exposure
    > > remained fixed throughout the movie, often resulting in

    over/under-exposed
    > > movies.
    > >

    > > "Achim Schulze" <> wrote in

    message