    bill downs Guest

    have beta version vista 64bit - need driver for network card - can anyone
    help
    bill downs, Nov 25, 2006

  2. bill downs

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 11:47:33 -0400, "bill downs" <>
    wrote:

    >have beta version vista 64bit - need driver for network card - can anyone

    The Atheros website doesn't list 64-bit drivers in the specification-list.
    Did you e-mail their support ()? Maybe they have them on
    beta if you ask and want to test.

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Nov 25, 2006

  3. There are no Atheros drivers beyond what is in the RTM build at this time.
    And Atheros has been extremely slow to provide standalone drivers that you
    can download for 64-bit.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 25, 2006
  4. bill downs

    Barb Bowman Guest

    In fact, the Atheros drivers aren't in build at this point. They are
    on WU, which means a hard wired connection (or alternative wireless
    that has inbox support) is required to pull them down.

    There is no support at all for the Atheros draft N but Broadcom
    draft N is supported in-box.

    Sadly, at least one first tier vendor has been unable to get even
    alpha draft N drivers out of Atheros.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Barb Bowman, Nov 26, 2006
  5. Thanks, Barb. I hadn't used the Atheros card since I went to RTM build, so
    didn't realize they were on WU.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 26, 2006
  6. Nope, just plugged it in and it worked without a prompt or other
    requirement. And I'm pretty sure it hasn't been plugged in to this machine
    since I did a clean install of RTM. But I'll go to WU to see if I can get a
    newer driver, just in case...

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 26, 2006
  7. bill downs

    Barb Bowman Guest

    well, the ferrari 5000 has Atheros a/b/g built in. no driver was
    found. had to plug in hardwired to the router and that brought down
    the driver from WU. I have not tried to pccard atheros on the 4000
    yet.

    Barb Bowman, Nov 27, 2006
  8. Hmmm. Well there was an active external connection when I plugged in the
    D-Link 660 AG. So it _could_ have done a silent install of it. But if so, it
    never once prompted me and I'm not seeing anything in WU history...

    It would be good to know others' experiences - if they have no other active
    connection to the Internet, does an atheros based 802.11a/b/g card work on
    not?

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 27, 2006