NEC Pinwriter P7 or Laser Help

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by CJN, Sep 10, 2003.

  1. CJN

    CJN Guest

    I am trying to set up this NEC Pinwriter P7 on Win 98 to print labels. I
    have set the page size to that of the total size of the label (tractor hole
    to tractor hole) under printer properties and have used the label wizard in
    Access to create a report. The printer prints but does not move enough
    between lines and prints over the last line. I suspect that if it printed
    correctly it would turn to far for the next label. These labels are the type
    you get on plants at your local garden shop. The type that rap around and go
    through themselves (185mm * 24mm). Also the option to set the unprintable
    area doesn't seem to work as it doesn't matter where I set this it makes no
    difference. I had to change the LPT port from EPP to ECP to get any
    communication with the printer and this makes me wonder if this problem is a
    communication issue or a page size setting? Any ideas?

    As for the laser question, if I give up on this NEC Pinwriter P7 then can I
    get a b/w laser to do the same job with a tractor feed? If so what
    model/brand would you suggest or other options if any? Would a laser be more
    water resistant, or just be more resistant over all than the ink from the
    NEC Pinwriter P7.
    Thanks

    CJN, Sep 10, 2003

  2. CJN

    Big Guest

    On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:21:40 +0000 (UTC), (CJN) wrote:

    >I am trying to set up this NEC Pinwriter P7 on Win 98 to print labels. I
    >have set the page size to that of the total size of the label (tractor hole
    >to tractor hole) under printer properties and have used the label wizard in
    >Access to create a report. The printer prints but does not move enough
    >between lines and prints over the last line. I suspect that if it printed
    >correctly it would turn to far for the next label. These labels are the type
    >you get on plants at your local garden shop. The type that rap around and go
    >through themselves (185mm * 24mm). Also the option to set the unprintable
    >area doesn't seem to work as it doesn't matter where I set this it makes no
    >difference. I had to change the LPT port from EPP to ECP to get any
    >communication with the printer and this makes me wonder if this problem is a
    >communication issue or a page size setting? Any ideas?
    >
    >As for the laser question, if I give up on this NEC Pinwriter P7 then can I
    >get a b/w laser to do the same job with a tractor feed? If so what
    >model/brand would you suggest or other options if any? Would a laser be more
    >water resistant, or just be more resistant over all than the ink from the
    >NEC Pinwriter P7.
    >Thanks

    You would need Lables than can take the heat..?

    Big , Sep 10, 2003