    This NEC player is locked on Region 4 (Australia & NZ) dont buy this if you
    have DVD's from other regions, it wont play them.

    Fyi

    Kted, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Kted

    Mark B. Guest

    "Kted" <> wrote in message
    news:bn72ct$e8v$...
    > This NEC player is locked on Region 4 (Australia & NZ) dont buy this if

    you
    > have DVD's from other regions, it wont play them.
    >
    > Fyi

    Aren't all players locked on the region they're sold in unless modified?

    Mark

    Mark B., Oct 23, 2003

  3. Kted

    Mutley Guest

    "Mark B." <> wrote:

    >"Kted" <> wrote in message
    >> This NEC player is locked on Region 4 (Australia & NZ) dont buy this if

    >you
    >> have DVD's from other regions, it wont play them.
    >>
    >> Fyi
    >>

    >Aren't all players locked on the region they're sold in unless modified?
    >
    >Mark

    Usually at retail point they are region free. Several years ago the
    NEC DVD players were rebaged LG models that no one seemed to know how
    to unlock. Australia is the last country on earth I think to have a
    NEC Home Electronics division still operating

    Mutley, Oct 28, 2003