    Anyone know why?

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Aug 30, 2004

  2. Kenny

    Jerry G. Guest

    Are you using the software type and version that goes with the newer version
    of drive, and or upgrade that you just did?

    I had the same thing with a CD writer. I had to also upgrade the software,
    since the older software only saw the slower speed rates.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ==========================

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    Nero Info Tool and Nero program itself shows this DVDRW as 4x maximum write
    but the specs are 8x. Have flashed firmware to latest official v1.07.
    Anyone know why?

    --

    Kenny

    Jerry G., Aug 30, 2004

  3. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Using the latest, 6.1.3.20 version of Nero, same before and after updating.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Aug 30, 2004
  4. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Could have kicked myself when I realised there was a 4x DVD-R in the drive.
    Can understand why Nero reported 4x maximum but expected Nero Info to show
    8x regardless of disc in drive, seems I was wrong.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Aug 31, 2004