    Any thoughts on the NEC line in this size?

    Also what is DVI and do I really need that?
    , Jun 7, 2004

  2. ICee Guest

    ICee, Jun 7, 2004

  3. Hamman Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Looking for a 17" LCD flat panel.
    >
    > Any thoughts on the NEC line in this size?
    >
    > Also what is DVI and do I really need that?

    There are lots of better alternatives, Acer, LG, Samsung, Sony to name a
    few.
    Look at some in a shop to get a better view of them, looking at them on
    another monitor wont show you the picture quality.

    DVI = Digital Video Interface, designed to reduce interference on TFT
    panels, make sure your video card has the white rectangular slot.

    Hamman
    Hamman, Jun 7, 2004
  4. Unknown Guest

    Why are they better? What are their specs?

    Unknown, Jun 7, 2004
  5. -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 15:52:25 GMT, "Unknown" <>
    scribbled:

    >Why are they better? What are their specs?

    Look 'em up, fuckwit.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, Jun 7, 2004
  6. TT Guest

    TT, Jun 7, 2004
  7. Unknown Guest

    How the hell do I look up his opinions fuckhead?

    Unknown, Jun 7, 2004
  8. Hamman Guest

    "TT" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 15:52:25 GMT, Unknown <> wrote:
    >
    > > Why are they better? What are their specs?
    > > "Hamman" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> <> wrote in message

    > >> There are lots of better alternatives, Acer, LG, Samsung, Sony to name

    > >> few.
    > >> Look at some in a shop to get a better view of them, looking at them on
    > >> another monitor wont show you the picture quality.
    > >>
    > >> DVI = Digital Video Interface, designed to reduce interference on TFT
    > >> panels, make sure your video card has the white rectangular slot.
    > >>
    > >> Hamman
    > >> Those others aren't any better at all...

    NEC = Packard Bell, the PC's are flakey enough, you really want to buy a TFT
    from them?

    Go Class 4 LCD Panel!

    hamman
    Hamman, Jun 7, 2004
  9. -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 17:38:26 GMT, "Unknown" <>
    scribbled:

    >How the hell do I look up his opinions fuckhead?

    "What are their specs?" <--- You can't even comprehend your own words,
    shitlips?

    >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 15:52:25 GMT, "Unknown" <>
    >> scribbled:
    >>
    >> >Why are they better? What are their specs?

    >> Look 'em up, fuckwit.
    >>
    >> --
    >> 'What Profiteth It A Kingdom If The Oxen Be Deflated?'
    >> Riddles II, v3
    >> - T. Pratchett

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, Jun 7, 2004
  10. Guest

    ><--- You can't even comprehend your own words,
    >shitlips?

    Sheesh... is this what this news group has come to?!!
    , Jun 7, 2004
  11. Unknown Guest

    Hey dumbfuck, he made the statement 'there are lots of better---------' I want
    HIS specs, parameters or what ever other data HE has. You can't comprehend
    anything? GD Aussie.

    Unknown, Jun 7, 2004
  12. billybronco Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Looking for a 17" LCD flat panel.
    >
    > Any thoughts on the NEC line in this size?
    >
    > Also what is DVI and do I really need that?

    NEC lcd monitors are ok, nothing special, however, Samsung LCD monitors are
    very good quality and build.

    Samsung is soon to overtake Sony and others to become the best quality
    electronics manufacturer. They already have in Asia.
    billybronco, Jun 7, 2004
  13. nut Guest

    wrote:
    > Looking for a 17" LCD flat panel.
    >
    > Any thoughts on the NEC line in this size?

    Mitsubishi/NEC make fine TFT's... although there are many others to
    consider.

    http://www.pcpro.co.uk is usually a good source for impartial reviews.

    > Also what is DVI and do I really need that?

    Do you really need anything?

    If you can afford it, go the DVI route. If not, stick with VGA.
    nut, Jun 7, 2004
  14. nut Guest

    Hamman wrote:
    > "TT" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 15:52:25 GMT, Unknown <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Why are they better? What are their specs?
    >>> "Hamman" <> wrote in message

    > NEC = Packard Bell, the PC's are flakey enough, you really want to
    > buy a TFT from them?

    What?

    NEC/Mitsubishi supply monitors to a number of resellers... including PB and
    Dell... who then slap their own badges on. If PB chooses inferior quality
    economy screens that's down to them - it's their badge on the screen, not
    NEC's.

    This is in much the same way leading supermarket chains buy biscuits from
    manufacturers and put their own label on them. If you buy a mcvities biscuit
    you can expect mcvities quality. if you buy supermarket economy biscuits
    you shouldn't expect them to taste as nice as mcvities branded biscuits,
    even if they are made by the same manufacturer.

    > Go Class 4 LCD Panel!

    err... you really don't know what you're talking about, do you?
    nut, Jun 7, 2004
  15. -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 18:52:47 GMT, "Unknown" <>
    scribbled:

    >Hey dumbfuck, he made the statement 'there are lots of better---------' I want
    >HIS specs, parameters or what ever other data HE has. You can't comprehend
    >anything? GD Aussie.

    You asked for THEIR specs "What are their specs?", again, you can't even
    comprehend your own writing. Oh, and you're several thousand miles off
    if you think I'm an Aussie.

    >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 17:38:26 GMT, "Unknown" <>
    >> scribbled:
    >>
    >> >How the hell do I look up his opinions fuckhead?

    >> "What are their specs?" <--- You can't even comprehend your own words,
    >> shitlips?
    >>

    >> >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message

    >> --
    >> 'What Profiteth It A Kingdom If The Oxen Be Deflated?'
    >> Riddles II, v3
    >> - T. Pratchett

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, Jun 8, 2004
  16. Guest

    >NEC lcd monitors are ok, nothing special, however, Samsung LCD monitors are
    >very good quality and build.

    Well the thing that is that NEC panels seem to have
    very fast response times.... even in the low end
    models. That's basically why I was looking at NEC
    , Jun 8, 2004
  17. TT Guest

    On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 08:15:45 -0500, <> wrote:

    >> NEC lcd monitors are ok, nothing special, however, Samsung LCD monitors
    >> are
    >> very good quality and build.

    > Well the thing that is that NEC panels seem to have
    > very fast response times.... even in the low end
    > models. That's basically why I was looking at NEC

    I own an NEC 1760VM LCD that was top rated by computer shopper when I
    bought it last year. The controls are a little to hard to figure out at
    first(color temp/geometry etc...)because of the button configuration but
    once you get past that, it's a beautiful screen... I also own a Sony and
    a Samsung LCD for my kids PC's and they are fine too. The NEC is mine
    though and I wouldn't trade either of my kids for theirs...
    DVI is very cool as long as you have a digital out graphics card but
    not necessary at all...
    TT, Jun 8, 2004