NEC dual layer burner < $100!

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by thing, Apr 18, 2005.

  1. thing

    thing Guest

    thing, Apr 18, 2005

  2. In article <>, thing <> wrote:
    >Nova wrote:
    >> thing wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.firstin.co.nz/
    >>>

    >> very nice price, is a 90 day warranty normal for optical drives?
    >> seems quite short...

    >No, seems a feature of firstin....
    >The Benq which can be found via www.pricespy should have a year....

    ... and if you are a consumer, the consumer guarantees act would give you at
    least a year ... more like 2 or 3. Has to fit for the purpose and last a
    reasonable time. Comapnies are on their own :)

    Bruce

    -------------------------------------
    - George Bernard Shaw
    - Ambrose Bierce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 18, 2005

  3. thing

    cowboyz Guest

    "thing" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.firstin.co.nz/
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    jess thats cheap, but to make it worthwhile it has to get the crapTM award.

    cowboyz, Apr 18, 2005
  4. thing

    Nova Guest

    Nova, Apr 18, 2005
  5. thing

    thing Guest

    thing, Apr 18, 2005
  6. In article <>, thing <> wrote:
    >Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >> In article <>, thing

    > <> wrote:

    >>>No, seems a feature of firstin....
    >>>The Benq which can be found via www.pricespy should have a year....

    >> .. and if you are a consumer, the consumer guarantees act would give you at
    >> least a year ... more like 2 or 3. Has to fit for the purpose and last a
    >> reasonable time. Comapnies are on their own :)

    >yes, I have been wondering just how well firstin would do with only
    >offering a 3 month warrantee, I suspect they would fail....
    >Unless they have some very fancy legalese that you have to agree to in
    >signing away your rights.....

    AFAIK, you cannot sign away your rights under NZ law ... it has been tried
    and it failed. :)

    Bruce

    -------------------------------------
    - George Bernard Shaw
    - Ambrose Bierce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 18, 2005
  7. thing

    thing Guest

    thing, Apr 19, 2005
  8. thing

    JedMeister Guest

    "Nova" <> wrote in message
    > thing wrote:
    >> http://www.firstin.co.nz/
    >>
    >> regards
    >>
    >> Thing
    >>

    > very nice price, is a 90 day warranty normal for optical drives?
    > seems quite short...

    You are covered by the consumer guarantees act.

    JedMeister, Apr 19, 2005
  9. thing

    thing Guest

    thing, Apr 19, 2005
  10. thing

    thing Guest

    thing, Apr 19, 2005
  11. thing

    CSE Guest

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:54:10 +1200, "cowboyz" <> wrote:

    >"thing" <> wrote in message
    >> http://www.firstin.co.nz/
    >>
    >> regards
    >>
    >> Thing
    >>

    >jess thats cheap, but to make it worthwhile it has to get the crapTM award.

    I have had 2 NEC CD & DVD drives with no problems..

    CSE, Apr 19, 2005
  12. thing

    cowboyz Guest

    CSE wrote:
    > On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:54:10 +1200, "cowboyz" <> wrote:
    >

    >> "thing" <> wrote in message
    >>> http://www.firstin.co.nz/
    >>>
    >>> regards
    >>>
    >>> Thing
    >>>

    >> jess thats cheap, but to make it worthwhile it has to get the
    >> crapTM award.
    >>

    > I have had 2 NEC CD & DVD drives with no problems..

    So they really are idiot proof then.

    cowboyz, Apr 19, 2005
  13. thing

    Invisible Guest

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:43:57 +1200, "cowboyz" <> wrote:

    >CSE wrote:
    >> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:54:10 +1200, "cowboyz" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> "thing" <> wrote in message

    >>> jess thats cheap, but to make it worthwhile it has to get the
    >>> crapTM award.
    >>>

    >> I have had 2 NEC CD & DVD drives with no problems..

    >So they really are idiot proof then.

    Either that, or they really are CRAP
    ;-)

    Invisible, Apr 19, 2005