    I'm after a new writer and was wondering which would be the better of the
    two. Ive had a 106 and believed they were the best but someone said that NEC
    have taken over with the newer models is this true?
    Topper, Sep 26, 2004

  2. Topper

    Pug Fugley Guest

    Nope, Pioneer is the king by a large margin.

    Pug Fugley, Sep 27, 2004

  3. Topper

    Herbert West Guest

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:27:48 GMT, "Pug Fugley" <> wrote:

    >Nope, Pioneer is the king by a large margin.

    Has anybody come up with a comprehensive report of the diferences
    between the 108 and the A08?

    Are they fundamentally different enough to make the A08 worth nearly
    twice the price of the "no-frills" model? Especially any differences
    in the actual optics and mechanics directly related to the burning and
    reading of media?

    I know they incorporate extra stuff to make the A08 quieter, but the
    fact that the A08 requires different firmware makes me suspect that
    it's quite a different machine. I'd hate to be purchasing a 108 based
    on reviews of a product (A08) that was quite different and potentially
    far superior to it.

    `
    Herbert West, Sep 27, 2004