    2
    I have a computer on my internal network that has a virus. I can't locate it out of the myriad of PC's connected and I would like to make a route to "no-man's land" to kick it off the network. Whoever calls our help desk will identifiy the offending PC. I tried making a route for 172.16.92.229 - 255.255.252.0 to go to a dead IP address of 172.16.92.11. I get the error message of "inconsistent address and mask."

    If there is a better way of doing this, please advise. If this is just too "newbie" of a question, just laugh and shake your head at my bone-headed attempt. I don't have IPS enabled on this device. :trytofly:

    chazman, Feb 2, 2011

  2. chazman

    Derrick Edword jones

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2010
    Messages:
    7
    The Cisco 3845 Integrated Services Router provides the following support:

    * Wire-speed performance for concurrent services such as security and voice, and advanced services at full T3/E3 rates
    * Enhanced investment protection through increased performance and modularity
    * Enhanced investment protection through increased modularity
    * Increased density through High-Speed WAN Interface Card Slots (four)
    * Enhanced Network Module Slot
    * Support for over 90 existing and new modules
    * Support for majority of existing AIMs, NMs, WICs, VWICs, and VICs
    * Integrated GE ports with copper and fiber support
    * Optional Layer 2 switching support with Power over Ethernet (PoE) (as an option) , supports the 36-port Cisco EtherSwitch module (NMD-36ESW)
    * Security
    o On-board encryption
    o Support of up to 2500 VPN tunnels with the AIM-HPII-PLUS Module
    o Antivirus defense support through Network Admission Control (NAC)
    o Intrusion Prevention as well as stateful Cisco IOS Firewall support and many more essential security features
    * Voice
    o Analog and digital voice call support
    o Optional voice mail support
    o Optional support for Cisco CallManager Express for local call processing in stand alone business for up to 240 IP Phones
    o Optional support for Survivable Remote Site Telephony support for local call processing in small enterprise branch offices for up to 720 IP phones

    Derrick Edword jones, Feb 4, 2011