    today I received a dvd with a return address to Cleveland OH. All the
    others mailers still have the New Brunswick address.

    Is anyone else having this problem?
    ics83, Nov 28, 2005

  2. ics83

    Bratboy Guest

    "ics83" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have noticed recently that some of the return mailers don't have
    > the nearest netflix shipping facility address. For the past few years I
    > have been mailing the dvds back to New Brunswick NJ but within the last
    > 3 weeks I have gotten 2 mailers with a Baton Rouge LA address. And just
    > today I received a dvd with a return address to Cleveland OH. All the
    > others mailers still have the New Brunswick address.
    >
    > Is anyone else having this problem?

    May not be a prob, persay. Say the facility by you is out of a title and
    they dont have another title in your que that you want. I think then if
    another, like Baton, does have it they will send that copy to you so they
    would want it back to there thus different addresses.
    Bratboy, Nov 28, 2005

  3. ics83

    Bob Guest

    On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:28:15 -0700, "Bratboy"
    <> wrote:

    >title in your que

    Doesn't anyone know how to spell around here.

    --

    "One must realize that the world is a network of real and virtual
    combat zones where the stakes are high, struggle is the primary
    Bob, Nov 29, 2005
  4. ics83

    Rich Clark Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:28:15 -0700, "Bratboy"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>title in your que

    > Doesn't anyone know how to spell around here.

    Or use correct punctuation?
    Rich Clark, Nov 29, 2005
  5. ics83

    Bratboy Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:28:15 -0700, "Bratboy"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>title in your que

    > Doesn't anyone know how to spell around here.
    >

    > --
    >
    > "One must realize that the world is a network of real and virtual
    > combat zones where the stakes are high, struggle is the primary
    > mode of being and only total victory is acceptable.
    > -- Sun Tzu, "The Art Of War"

    Fine, so I misspelled the word "queue". It was still obvious as to what I
    meant & it doesn't change what I said. Obviously you have nothing to
    contribute to the OP's question so if picking on my poor grammar makes you
    feel better about yourself, so be it.

    Oh , and for the record questions usually end with a "?", hehe
    Bratboy, Nov 29, 2005
  6. ics83

    kaydigi Guest

    > May not be a prob, persay. Say the facility by you is out of a title and
    > they dont have another title in your que that you want. I think then if
    > another, like Baton, does have it they will send that copy to you so they
    > would want it back to there thus different addresses.

    Also they can be testing out different hubs to see how fast you get your
    movies. I'm in Richmond, VA where they have a hub. They started sending us
    return mailers back to Maryland. I had a stack of unused mailers still going
    to Richmond and kept using them until they were finished.

    It wasn't until I finally used one of the Maryland mailers that they stopped
    sending them there.
    kaydigi, Nov 29, 2005
  7. ics83

    Bob Guest

    On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:59:02 -0500, "Rich Clark"
    <> wrote:

    >>>title in your que

    >> Doesn't anyone know how to spell around here.

    >Or use correct punctuation?

    My statement was declarative, not interrogatory.

    Bob, Nov 29, 2005
  8. ics83

    Jaszmin Guest

    KListen, I can't call Atlanta with an AT&T credit card without
    it timing out every morning up til 10 a.m. Ever since Katrina
    the South isn't working that well. Netflix is probably having
    that problem and it is affecting your region.

    Mike Rice

    Jaszmin, Nov 29, 2005
  9. ics83

    Bill's News Guest

    Bob wrote:

    >>> Doesn't anyone know how to spell around here.

    >> Or use correct punctuation?

    > My statement was declarative, not interrogatory.

    Ha ha ha ha ;-0) Good one!!!! (or should that be Good One ????)
    Bill's News, Nov 29, 2005
  10. ics83

    ics83 Guest

    ics83 wrote:
    > I have noticed recently that some of the return mailers don't have
    > the nearest netflix shipping facility address. For the past few years I
    > have been mailing the dvds back to New Brunswick NJ but within the last
    > 3 weeks I have gotten 2 mailers with a Baton Rouge LA address. And just
    > today I received a dvd with a return address to Cleveland OH. All the
    > others mailers still have the New Brunswick address.
    >
    > Is anyone else having this problem?

    I got this back today from Netflix.

    <Thanks for your inquiry.

    Please keep in mind we strive to have most discs returned to the
    distribution center closest you. However, from time-to-time there may
    be a different address displayed, as the disc is needed in that
    location.

    If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to
    contact us.

    Thanks,
    Colin,
    Netflix Customer Service> .

    Funny that after 3 years of using Netflix they just now started doing
    this. The dvd sent to Baton Rouge 8 days ago they got yesterday and
    today I got its replacement.

    ..
    ics83, Nov 30, 2005
  11. ics83

    gp12345us Guest

    > I got this back today from Netflix.
    >
    > <Thanks for your inquiry.
    >
    > Please keep in mind we strive to have most discs returned to the
    > distribution center closest you. However, from time-to-time there may
    > be a different address displayed, as the disc is needed in that
    > location.
    >
    > If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to
    > contact us.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Colin,
    > Netflix Customer Service> .
    >
    > Funny that after 3 years of using Netflix they just now started doing
    > this. The dvd sent to Baton Rouge 8 days ago they got yesterday and
    > today I got its replacement.

    This started happening to me recently also. The problem with Netflix's
    reason for doing this is that most of the time I have more than one
    Netflix disc at home. I don't pay attention to what envelope each disc
    came in, so very often a disc gets returned in a different envelope
    than it came in.
    gp12345us, Nov 30, 2005
  12. ics83

    Postal! Guest

    Whenever this happens to me, I send two DVDs back in one "nearest
    facility" envelope, and throw out the envelope addressed to a facility
    across the country.
    Postal!, Dec 2, 2005
  13. ics83

    Buddy Guest

    On 30 Nov 2005 13:12:45 -0800, "ics83" <> wrote:

    >ics83 wrote:
    >> I have noticed recently that some of the return mailers don't have
    >> the nearest netflix shipping facility address. For the past few years I
    >> have been mailing the dvds back to New Brunswick NJ but within the last
    >> 3 weeks I have gotten 2 mailers with a Baton Rouge LA address. And just
    >> today I received a dvd with a return address to Cleveland OH. All the
    >> others mailers still have the New Brunswick address.
    >>
    >> Is anyone else having this problem?

    >I got this back today from Netflix.
    >
    ><Thanks for your inquiry.
    >
    >Please keep in mind we strive to have most discs returned to the
    >distribution center closest you. However, from time-to-time there may
    >be a different address displayed, as the disc is needed in that
    >location.
    >
    >If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to
    >contact us.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Colin,
    >Netflix Customer Service> .
    >
    >Funny that after 3 years of using Netflix they just now started doing
    >this. The dvd sent to Baton Rouge 8 days ago they got yesterday and
    >today I got its replacement.
    >
    >.

    I have recently experienced this shipping of old movies on my list from distant
    warehouses. This may take 6-8 days as opposed to a normal next day delivery..
    I always return them to the warehouse closest to me so I get other movies on the
    list faster.
    Returning 2 dvds in one envelope has given me a supply of envelopes to do this
    with.
    Regards
    Buddy b
    Buddy , Dec 5, 2005
  14. ics83

    Cp33 Guest

    Returning your rental to a distant center? This doesn't make much
    sense to me. Netflix has been implementing the distribution rule that
    if the title is not available at your local center but available from
    another center it will be sent from there directly to you, and the
    titles always return to your local center. This works best according
    to probability laws: certain kind of titles (e.g. say spanish movies)
    are more likely to have a larger audiences at areas where the
    population of spanish speaking population are largest, therefore, by
    always returning to the local center, the allocation of titles should
    be optimum such that the chance that a title you want is available
    locally is highest.
    I wonder if this is another of those tactics to slow down the delivery
    and reduce the number of titles we receive in average. :-(
    Cp33, Dec 7, 2005