    adpater does not work whilst the LAN NIC do, I been supported by the NIC
    (Netgear ) people and all they can say is to re-install windows, Help, Is
    there any tool or patch that will repair this error, Many Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?VVNE?=, Oct 27, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VVNE?=

    Dave Guest

    "USD" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have issue with my WLAN NIC adpater, after Windows crashes a blue screen
    > appear with an erro message NDIS.sys, I re-booted the PC. Now any WLAN
    > adpater does not work whilst the LAN NIC do, I been supported by the NIC
    > (Netgear ) people and all they can say is to re-install windows, Help, Is
    > there any tool or patch that will repair this error, Many Thanks

    i would try uninstalling and reinstalling and updating the drivers first.
    if it persists you might try getting a new nic, i have seen blue screens in
    ndis.sys that were fixed by replacing the hardware.

    Dave, Oct 27, 2005

  3. If you have XP use restore option , find the version before you installed
    the driver ( due to the date )
    Much more easy that reinstall Windows
    Arkady

    Arkady Frenkel, Oct 28, 2005
  4. Re: NDIS.sys error Bllue screen WLAN not working

    I have tried difficult NIC, also including the built-in WLAN NIC (which was
    turned off at the time. I have asked Netgear for support of the WGM511 WLAN
    Pre-N but little support response, except replace the OS, I have uninstalled
    and re0-installed the WLAN NIC driver, I have tried a WLAN NIC non-PCMCIA
    based like USB type, NO luck.

    Stangley the regular LAN NIC works fines, a bit slow ?much slower than before.

    Anyone have ideas .sys or dll or system file got corrupted in the NDIS.sys
    blue screen error crash.

    I will give it a few more days before..

    Many Thanks to

    =?Utf-8?B?VVNE?=, Oct 30, 2005
  5. Re: NDIS.sys error Bllue screen WLAN not working

    That's almost impossible to answer but restore previous version(s)( maybe
    one by one to one which will work OK) can tell that
    Arkady

    Arkady Frenkel, Oct 30, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?VVNE?=

    Lithargoel

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    The fix is simple.

    :damnmate:

    Reboot, but disconnect the internet connection from back of PC.

    System will reboot no problem.

    Then open your network connection properties. (right click Local Area Connection - select Properties)

    From the list select Internet Protocol(TCP/IP), and click on Properties button.

    Click on Advanced button(lower right)

    Click on WINS tab.

    In the NetBIOS settings(bottom) select Enable NeBIOS over TCP/IP.

    Then plug in your network capable again, and all should be fine!

    Your welcome! 8)

    NOTE: if you do not disconnect your network capable, the system will shut down within 5 minutes of trying to communicate. It is a Windows problem, not a virus.

    Lithargoel, Jan 16, 2008
  7. =?Utf-8?B?VVNE?=

    Lithargoel

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    ok, my first solution above did not work.

    But Good news, I found the solution(i think...still waiting test results).

    :damnmate:

    If you are using a static IP address for your connection settings on Local Area Connection, it will fail (as above).

    Change your router to use DNS instead, providing IP addresses automatically,
    and also change your network card(Local Area Connection) settings to Obtain IP address automatically (check box).

    So far I am still connected after one hour!

    :driver:
    :flute:
    :loo:
    :sleep: