" NDIS " error - blue screen when shutting down computer / Fatal Exception

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dutch Treat, May 23, 2004.

  1. Dutch Treat

    Dutch Treat Guest

    When shutting down my computer I get a blue screen and a " NDIS error. "

    I found out on Usenet that this is a known problem, but I have not found a
    solution yet. I did find out however that if I startup my computer and shut it
    down again - without any use of the computer in between - that in most cases it
    will shut down properly. If I do however use the computer, use the filemanager
    or log in to my provider, it will show the above described problem. It seems
    that any network action is of negative influence (concerning shutting down). If
    I do however wait some 10 minutes after having logged out of the provider, in
    some cases it will shut down properly again. It seems that this NDIS error
    probably comes from something lingering in memory. Can anyone confirm this
    notion. Or ... ?

    Instead of solving the problem by finding out the cause, is it possible that
    the NDIS-problem will be solved by reinstalling Windows?

    My system: a Dell Inspiron 8000 (laptop) with Win98ME.

    Thanks for any help !

    Dutch Treat, May 23, 2004

  2. Dutch Treat

    tonnie Guest

    Dutch Treat <> wrote in

    > Instead of solving the problem by finding out the cause, is

    it
    > possible that the NDIS-problem will be solved by reinstalling
    > Windows?
    >
    > My system: a Dell Inspiron 8000 (laptop) with Win98ME.

    you might try to update or reinstall the drivers for your
    networkcard..

    good luck ;o)

    --
    Vriend is wie je tijdens je leven zegt wat anderen na je dood
    vertellen.

    tonnie, May 23, 2004

  3. Dutch Treat

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Dutch Treat posted ...

    > Instead of solving the problem by finding out the cause, is it
    > possible that the NDIS-problem will be solved by reinstalling Windows?

    Of course it's possible ...

    I'd prefer to find out what's wrong though, as it's likely that any updated
    software and drivers you have will be updated again, and the situation may
    simply exist again in the fresh installation ..

    --
    Paul

    (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)

    Paul - xxx, May 23, 2004
  4. Dutch Treat

    LynnB Guest

    Error #0x800CCCOF

    I have the above error message #, when trying to receive my email from Uniserve. Does anyone know what is wrong please? My outgoing mail seems to be fine. Please reply to:

    This is the way the message reads:

    Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.uniserve.com', Server: 'pop.uniserve.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

    Thank you, Lynn

    LynnB, May 23, 2004
  5. Dutch Treat

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Re: Error #0x800CCCOF

    LynnB posted ...

    > Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
    > causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long
    > period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.uniserve.com', Server:
    > 'pop.uniserve.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error
    > Number: 0x800CCC0F

    Sounds like your ISP or email server has problems, which you can't really do
    a lot about .. though it may be worth checking your settings ..

    http://www.uniserve.com/support/tech/settings/index.php

    --
    Paul

    (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)

    Paul - xxx, May 23, 2004
  6. Dutch Treat

    Unknown Guest

    Re: Error #0x800CCCOF

    You have a server problem.

    Unknown, May 23, 2004
  7. Dutch Treat

    dfghjk Guest

    I must say I hate windows ME the most.

    If drivers are not perfect ME gets along with nothing.

    I would seriously consider going back to 98SE or forward to XP.

    I just gave up trying to troubleshoot all the issues with that OS.

    dfghjk, May 23, 2004
  8. Dutch Treat

    LynnB Guest

    Re: Error #0x800CCCOF

    What does that mean? I just wait it out? Do I do something? Please, could you give a more detailed reply.
    "Unknown" <> wrote in message news:Fu3sc.3125$...
    You have a server problem.

    LynnB, May 23, 2004
  9. Dutch Treat

    Boomer Guest

    Re: Error #0x800CCCOF

    "LynnB" <> wrote:

    > What does that mean? I just wait it out? Do I do something?
    > Please, could you give a more detailed reply.
    > "Unknown" <> wrote in message
    > news:Fu3sc.3125$... You have
    > a server problem.
    > "LynnB" <> wrote in message
    > news:... I have the above
    > error message #, when trying to receive my email from
    > Uniserve. Does anyone know what is wrong please? My outgoing
    > mail seems to be fine. Please reply to:
    >
    > This is the way the message reads:
    >
    > Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.
    > Possible causes for this include server problems, network
    > problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account:
    > 'pop.uniserve.com', Server: 'pop.uniserve.com', Protocol:
    > POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
    >

    > Thank you, Lynn

    [HUGE snip]

    Boomer, May 23, 2004
  10. Dutch Treat

    Dutch Treat Guest

    On 23 May 2004 12:35:27 GMT, tonnie <> wrote:

    >you might try to update or reinstall the drivers for your
    >networkcard..

    Will give that a try.

    Dutch Treat, May 24, 2004
  11. Dutch Treat

    Dutch Treat Guest

    On Sun, 23 May 2004 13:38:54 +0100, "Paul - xxx" <> wrote:

    >I'd prefer to find out what's wrong though, as it's likely that any updated
    >software and drivers you have will be updated again, and the situation may
    >simply exist again in the fresh installation ..

    That makes sense.

    If updating the network drivers won't help, I'll go for XP (next answer).

    Dutch Treat, May 24, 2004
  12. Dutch Treat

    Dutch Treat Guest

    On Sun, 23 May 2004 15:46:30 GMT, dfghjk <> wrote:

    >I would seriously consider going back to 98SE or forward to XP.
    >
    >I just gave up trying to troubleshoot all the issues with that OS.

    I'll keep it in mind, thanks.

    Will try reinstalling networkdrivers first.

    Dutch Treat, May 24, 2004