    seem silly to convert VoIP to POST and then to VoIP immediately).

    TIA,

    ---Mirco.

    Mirco, May 19, 2004

  2. (Mirco) wrote in message news:<>...
    > We are a small business with 4 POST lines connected to a 3Com NBX 100
    > (4.2.7) for voice and one dedicated T1 conected to a Cisco 1721 for
    > data. We also have a GTA GB-Ware firewall handling our LAN and DMZ.
    > Several companies such as Vonage and AT&T are offering now VoIP
    > services in our area. The NBX documentation says that the unit can be
    > connected directly to the WAN using an external router supporting IP
    > ToS. My question is: can we connect the NBX unit to the WAN to receive
    > service directly from Vonage or AT&T without ATA adapters? (It would
    > seem silly to convert VoIP to POST and then to VoIP immediately).
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > ---Mirco.

    Vonage runs propriatary Cisco protocol. How do you expect to
    integrate?
    On top of that, why would you have Vonage do the same as you would do
    with your NBX. Since you have R4.2.7 your allready enabled for
    Ip-on-the-fly communication. Whenever there is a broadband connection,
    you can put on of 3com phones and tunnel into your NBX.

    Oleg L. Medvinsky
    AdroTech Communications,Inc.
    Forbes Business Center
    222 Forbes Road, Suite 201