nbar not working on Dialer interfaces ???

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Reinhard, Jun 3, 2005.

  1. Reinhard

    Reinhard Guest

    hi everybody,

    I have IOS 12.3(15) on a 2621 and I want to use nbar on my Dialer-If which
    connects to the DSL-modem of my ISP.

    The actual docu from Cisco states that nbar is supported on Dialer-If since
    12.2(4)T.

    But here at me it's not working. What have I done:

    I activated nbar on the Dialer-If with "ip nbar protocol-discovery"

    the I checked it with sh ip nbar protocol-discovery and got the following
    output:

    router1#sh ip nbar protocol-discovery

    Dialer1
    Input Output
    Protocol Packet Count Packet Count
    Byte Count Byte Count
    5 minute bit rate (bps) 5 minute bit rate (bps)
    ------------------------ ------------------------ ------------------------
    bgp 0 0
    0 0
    0 0
    citrix 0 0
    0 0
    0 0

    The are no values but there is traffic on the If. When I activate nbar on my
    internal fastethernet, it works.

    What am I doing wrong.

    Thanks in advance

    Reinhard, Jun 3, 2005