    I haven't trusted NAV in the past for this and am wondering what yo
    think.
    Thanks in advance
    bopper2, Nov 3, 2005

  2. bopper2

    PM Guest

    Spammy Sammy wrote:
    > "bopper2" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Would like any input from fellow techs out there on your
    >>thoughts about Norton Anti Virus 2006 wanting to take over
    >>all security funtions...including: Windows Update, turning off Windows
    >>firewall.
    >>I haven't trusted NAV in the past for this and am wondering what you
    >>think.

    > I think it's good if it wants to take over Windows security functions. Can't
    > do a worse job hey!

    If there's one company that could botch it up worse than MS, it's
    Norton. lol
    PM, Nov 5, 2005

  3. On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 00:55:24 -0600, PM <> wrote:

    >Spammy Sammy wrote:
    >> "bopper2" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Would like any input from fellow techs out there on your
    >>>thoughts about Norton Anti Virus 2006 wanting to take over
    >>>all security funtions...including: Windows Update, turning off Windows
    >>>firewall.
    >>>I haven't trusted NAV in the past for this and am wondering what you
    >>>think.

    >> I think it's good if it wants to take over Windows security functions. Can't
    >> do a worse job hey!

    >If there's one company that could botch it up worse than MS, it's
    >Norton. lol

    So sad...Norton was once top-notch, back in the DOS days.

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Nov 5, 2005
  4. bopper2

    John Guest

    Tom MacIntyre wrote:

    > On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 00:55:24 -0600, PM <> wrote:
    >
    >>Spammy Sammy wrote:
    >>> "bopper2" <> wrote in message

    >>> I think it's good if it wants to take over Windows security functions. Can't
    >>> do a worse job hey!

    >>If there's one company that could botch it up worse than MS, it's
    >>Norton. lol

    > So sad...Norton was once top-notch, back in the DOS days.
    >
    > Tom

    Too true. I used to love Norton software and his books (I learned assembly
    language from his book) before he sold out to Symantec. The Norton
    anti-virus software takes over your computer and the activation shit drove me
    crazy. I removed Norton anti-virus from my computer and bought Mcafee. I
    bought Ghost 2003 instead of the newer version because 2003 is not activated.
    John, Nov 5, 2005
  5. bopper2

    Andrew Tang Guest

    Totally agree!

    I was forced by a customer to put NAV2006 purchased online on. He
    previously had NAV2004. Anyway, the install failed and nothing will run on
    that computer from the GUI. The content of the exefile key in the registry
    was changed and the only way I was able to fix that was to hook up his hard
    drive as an external drive and retrieve the registry files (software,
    system, default, sam, security) saved as snapshot from the System Volume
    Infomation folder.

    Andrew Tang, Nov 5, 2005