NAV 2004 help?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by CB, Nov 27, 2003.

  1. CB

    CB Guest

    My mother installed NAV 2004 on her pc over her 2001 & 2003 (?) versions.
    She says that now NAV won't work. I haven't had any luck on the Symantec
    website, and am hoping someone here may have an answer
    Here is what she e-mailed me:
    After clicking on the Norton antivirus window, I find the e-mail listing
    with a red circle with white X ---clicked next ---In live update window,
    there are four items with red circle & white X, 1 Symantec Intrusion
    detection signatures, 2 Norton Internet Security security updates, 3 Norton
    Internet Security Program Updates, the forth item has check mark, Common
    Client Core. The window shows one update of 557.8KB. In box under size has
    the statement "This product preverted Live Update from updating it. Check
    your subscription status for this product".
    When I click Next to download the updates the Common Client Core item
    appears for updating. After what seems to be normal update procedure a
    window appears "LU1844 This product preverts Live Update from updating it.
    Check your subscription Status for this product".
    I clicked finish and got window to restart the PC --pressed OK and PC
    restarted.

    Back to the Norton AntiVirus main window-- under Security Scanning
    Features. Auto Protection says "Off". I clicked on the enable sign ( lower
    right corner) and received the message " Norton Antivirus has encountered an
    internal program error". In bottom left corner of box is number 4002,519.

    CB, Nov 27, 2003

  2. CB

    Porky Pig Guest

    Uninstall all Norton Security Products & NAV and reinstall. is NAV4 part of
    Internet Security 2004 or stand alone product added to a 2003 or older
    version of Internet Security?

    If full Version of NIS2004, then delete all other versions and just
    reinstall that version on its own, unless of course it's an upgrade version
    only.

    Porky Pig, Nov 29, 2003