    1. Advertising

  2. MJK

    MJK Guest

    MJK, Sep 8, 2008

  3. MJK

    MJK Guest

    MJK, Sep 8, 2008
  4. MJK

    Paul Furman Guest

    Paul Furman, Sep 8, 2008
  5. MJK

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 20:12:51 -0500, Allen <>
    wrote:

    >Paul Furman wrote:

    >>> Thank you!
    >>> In Provence, water is scarce !!!!!
    >>> you love architecture is not it?

    >> Yes, I'm trained as a landscape architect in water-scarce California.
    >>

    >I grew up in West Texas. In the distant reaches of that land (around
    >Midland and Odessa) at least in the 1930s and 40s the golf courses had
    >sand greens--sand with oil added so that the next day all the sand would
    >not be in the next county. Now, that's water scarcity. I don't think
    >Brett would have wanted to play on them.
    >Allen

    One of my wife's relatives played a course in Arizona with "greens"
    like that. That was maybe 20 years ago.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Sep 9, 2008
  6. MJK

    Paul Furman Guest

    [OT] Re: Natural water

    tony cooper wrote:
    > On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 20:12:51 -0500, Allen <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Paul Furman wrote:
    >>> Yes, I'm trained as a landscape architect in water-scarce California.
    >>>

    >> I grew up in West Texas. In the distant reaches of that land (around
    >> Midland and Odessa) at least in the 1930s and 40s the golf courses had
    >> sand greens--sand with oil added so that the next day all the sand would
    >> not be in the next county. Now, that's water scarcity. I don't think
    >> Brett would have wanted to play on them.
    >> Allen

    > One of my wife's relatives played a course in Arizona with "greens"
    > like that. That was maybe 20 years ago.

    Texas & Arizona are way ahead of California in terms of drought tolerant
    landscaping with native plants.

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net

    Paul Furman, Sep 9, 2008
  7. MJK

    MJK Guest

    Re: [OT] Re: Natural water

    >> From Provence
    >> http://images-piegees.over-blog.com/article-22560944.html
    >> Nice detail.
    >> Thank you!
    >> In Provence, water is scarce !!!!!

    > Texas & Arizona are way ahead of California in terms of drought tolerant
    > landscaping with native plants.
    > Paul Furman

    Provence is not as desert that California !!!!!
    MJK, Sep 9, 2008