    native VLAN on the primary vlan that I use, which is VLAN 2.

    Is there any reason to do that? Or should I just leave it as VLAN 1,
    despite the fact most of this particular switch uses VLAN 2?
    Rob, Nov 22, 2005

  2. Rob

    Guest

    hi,

    u can leave it to vl1 but then both sides(AP and Switchport) have to be
    set vl1 as the native VL. in dot1q-Trunks all traffic within the native
    Vl is not tagged with an vl-ID. Its less switching overhead for your
    normal Lan(or WLAN) if u configure your mamagement Vl ( i think its 2)
    as the native VL on all trunking ports.
    , Nov 22, 2005