Nationwide Halloween Rave Against the RIAA

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Halloween Raver, Oct 11, 2003.

  1. Join THE HALLOWEEN RAVE AGAINST THE BULLIES: In the Record Industry!!

    DON'T JUST GROOVE - MOVE!!

    Check out the Animated Halloween Rave Video By Clicking Here:
    http://newjersey.indymedia.org/local/webcast/uploads/halloween_rave.wmv

    STARTING ON HALLOWEEN NIGHT, MUSIC LOVERS AROUND THE WORLD WILL TAKE
    A VOW NOT TO BUY MUSIC FROM ANY RECORD LABEL OR ANY MUSIC ARTIST WHO
    SUPPORTS SUING PEOPLE WHO SHARE MUSIC OVER THE INTERNET. ALSO, EVERY
    RECORD LABEL MUST SIGN THE MUSIC ARTIST'S BILL OF RIGHTS, OR WE WON'T
    BUY MUSIC FROM THAT RECORD LABEL! WATCH THE VIDEO (4.26min), SHARE IT
    WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND POST IT ON YOUR WEBSITE.

    ******
    The bullies in the record industry are attacking music lovers all
    over the world by suing them for sharing music over the internet!

    While the music industry moguls get rich, the average music artist
    goes broke. The music industry steals all of the money, controls
    what music is available, and tries to control the artist. The music
    industry is a big bully and it is time to stand up to them!

    On Friday night, October 31st Halloween night, people all across
    the nation will be throwing Halloween Raves and Parties. We are
    organizing and parties in our own cities, towns, and neighborhoods
    to stand up to the bullies in the music industry!

    Organize a rave or party in your own city and play only the music you
    obtained by file sharing on the internet!! Starting on Halloween night,
    music lovers around the world will take a vow to not buy music from any
    record label or any music artist who supports suing people who share
    music over he internet. Music lovers will also stop buying music from
    record labels who rip off their artists. Every record label must sign
    the Music Artist's Bill of Rights! If a record label will not sign the
    Music Artist's Bill of Rights, we won't buy music from that record label!

    JOIN THE NATIONWIDE HALLOWEEN RAVE AGAINST THE BULLIES!
    GET YOUR GROUP OR ORGANIZATION TO ORGANIZE A HALLOWEEN
    RAVE OR PARTY AGAINST THE BULLIES IN YOUR OWN CITY.

    ALREADY THROWING OR ATTENDING A RAVE OR PARTY ON HALLOWEEN? TAKE
    A STAND AGAINST THE BULLIES IN THE RECORD INDUSTRY THAT NIGHT!!!

    View the Animated Video, Share it and Post it on your Website:
    http://newjersey.indymedia.org/local/webcast/uploads/halloween_rave.wmv

    Download the poster from Here:
    http://chicago.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=31701&group=webcast

    For more information about the Halloween Rave Against the Bullies
    and a copy of the Music Artist's Bill of Rights e-mail:
    .

    For more information about Whose Nieuws Crue,
    email:

    Halloween Raver, Oct 11, 2003

  2. Halloween Raver wrote:
    > Join THE HALLOWEEN RAVE AGAINST THE BULLIES: In the Record Industry!!
    >
    > DON'T JUST GROOVE - MOVE!!
    >
    > Check out the Animated Halloween Rave Video By Clicking Here:
    > http://newjersey.indymedia.org/local/webcast/uploads/halloween_rave.wm

    SNIP>>>>>>>
    You might be better served by using a standard format for your video
    (mpg, avi etc.) because like the music industry, M$ has a monopoly and
    many of us not using MS can't view wmv files or can't be bothered to go
    through the trouble to view them. But, if you prefer one monopoly over
    the other, who am I to offer criticism.

    Rev Turd Fredericks, Oct 11, 2003

  3. Halloween Raver

    Mimic Guest

    "Halloween Raver" <> wrote in message
    > Join THE HALLOWEEN RAVE AGAINST THE BULLIES: In the Record Industry!!
    >
    > DON'T JUST GROOVE - MOVE!!
    >
    > Check out the Animated Halloween Rave Video By Clicking Here:
    > http://newjersey.indymedia.org/local/webcast/uploads/halloween_rave.wmv
    >
    > STARTING ON HALLOWEEN NIGHT, MUSIC LOVERS AROUND THE WORLD WILL TAKE
    > A VOW NOT TO BUY MUSIC FROM ANY RECORD LABEL OR ANY MUSIC ARTIST WHO
    > SUPPORTS SUING PEOPLE WHO SHARE MUSIC OVER THE INTERNET. ALSO, EVERY
    > RECORD LABEL MUST SIGN THE MUSIC ARTIST'S BILL OF RIGHTS, OR WE WON'T
    > BUY MUSIC FROM THAT RECORD LABEL! WATCH THE VIDEO (4.26min), SHARE IT
    > WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND POST IT ON YOUR WEBSITE.
    >
    > ******
    > The bullies in the record industry are attacking music lovers all
    > over the world by suing them for sharing music over the internet!
    >
    > While the music industry moguls get rich, the average music artist
    > goes broke. The music industry steals all of the money, controls
    > what music is available, and tries to control the artist. The music
    > industry is a big bully and it is time to stand up to them!
    >
    > On Friday night, October 31st Halloween night, people all across
    > the nation will be throwing Halloween Raves and Parties. We are
    > organizing and parties in our own cities, towns, and neighborhoods
    > to stand up to the bullies in the music industry!
    >
    > Organize a rave or party in your own city and play only the music you
    > obtained by file sharing on the internet!! Starting on Halloween night,
    > music lovers around the world will take a vow to not buy music from any
    > record label or any music artist who supports suing people who share
    > music over he internet. Music lovers will also stop buying music from
    > record labels who rip off their artists. Every record label must sign
    > the Music Artist's Bill of Rights! If a record label will not sign the
    > Music Artist's Bill of Rights, we won't buy music from that record label!
    >
    > JOIN THE NATIONWIDE HALLOWEEN RAVE AGAINST THE BULLIES!
    > GET YOUR GROUP OR ORGANIZATION TO ORGANIZE A HALLOWEEN
    > RAVE OR PARTY AGAINST THE BULLIES IN YOUR OWN CITY.
    >
    > ALREADY THROWING OR ATTENDING A RAVE OR PARTY ON HALLOWEEN? TAKE
    > A STAND AGAINST THE BULLIES IN THE RECORD INDUSTRY THAT NIGHT!!!
    >
    > View the Animated Video, Share it and Post it on your Website:
    > http://newjersey.indymedia.org/local/webcast/uploads/halloween_rave.wmv
    >

    > Download the poster from Here:
    > http://chicago.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=31701&group=webcast
    >
    > For more information about the Halloween Rave Against the Bullies
    > and a copy of the Music Artist's Bill of Rights e-mail:
    > .
    >
    > For more information about Whose Nieuws Crue,
    > email:

    uh thats pretty weak and you already know half the people here dont buy the
    music. Better off launching a global DoS attack
    muhahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

    --
    Mimic

    and those that dont."
    "C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but
    when you do, it blows away your whole leg"

    Mimic, Oct 12, 2003
  4. Rev Turd Fredericks <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Halloween Raver wrote:
    > > Join THE HALLOWEEN RAVE AGAINST THE BULLIES: In the Record Industry!!
    > >
    > > DON'T JUST GROOVE - MOVE!!
    > >
    > > Check out the Animated Halloween Rave Video By Clicking Here:
    > > http://newjersey.indymedia.org/local/webcast/uploads/halloween_rave.wm

    > SNIP>>>>>>>
    > You might be better served by using a standard format for your video
    > (mpg, avi etc.) because like the music industry, M$ has a monopoly and
    > many of us not using MS can't view wmv files or can't be bothered to go
    > through the trouble to view them. But, if you prefer one monopoly over
    > the other, who am I to offer criticism.

    Just trying to save the "average" netuser some
    download/connection time and bandwidth:

    Test showed that encoding a equivalent quality MPEG file
    produced a 45meg file, RM produced a 17meg file, and
    AVI (DivX) produced a file of approx 35megs. Standard
    AVI gives you something of about 140megs! No shit!
    Give me a website address to upload them to, and I
    would be happy to send you the MPEG.

    Its time for the coders of these other standards to
    get their shit together (or band together), because
    right now, for the size of file and quality, WMV
    is blowing them out of the water. See and measure
    for yourself.

    Here are some of the links, Enjoy:

    RM Nationwide Halloween Rave Against the Bullies Video:

    http://images.indymedia.org/imc/chicago/halloween_rave.rm

    AVI (DivX) Nationwide Halloween Rave Against the Bullies
    Video:

    http://idaho.indymedia.org/uploads/halloween_rave_dvx.avi

    Halloween Raver, Oct 12, 2003

    Halloween Raver, Oct 12, 2003
  6. Halloween Raver

    dudalb Guest

    Cut the rights of the artists bullshit.
    You just want your music without paying for it and are trying to disguise
    that fact by a bunch of psuedo revolutionary bullshit.

    dudalb, Oct 21, 2003
  7. Halloween Raver

    Thor Guest

    "dudalb" <> wrote in message
    > Cut the rights of the artists bullshit.
    > You just want your music without paying for it and are trying to disguise
    > that fact by a bunch of psuedo revolutionary bullshit.

    BULLSEYE!!

    Thor, Oct 21, 2003
  8. Halloween Raver

    roadkilled Guest

    "dudalb" <> wrote in

    > Cut the rights of the artists bullshit.
    > You just want your music without paying for it and are trying to
    > disguise that fact by a bunch of psuedo revolutionary bullshit.

    You're absolutely right. we should all pay obscenely inflated prices for
    unwanted songs on bloated CD's to support IV drug habits and hedonistic
    lifesyles of untalented rock/rap stars.

    The RIAA just doesnt get it...They want to force their model on the
    customer, rather than make any attempt to respond to customer desires...
    and they thumb their cocaine filled noses at due process....

    roadkilled, Oct 24, 2003
  9. "roadkilled" <> wrote in message
    > "dudalb" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Cut the rights of the artists bullshit.
    > > You just want your music without paying for it and are trying to
    > > disguise that fact by a bunch of psuedo revolutionary bullshit.
    > >

    > You're absolutely right. we should all pay obscenely inflated prices for
    > unwanted songs on bloated CD's to support IV drug habits and hedonistic
    > lifesyles of untalented rock/rap stars.
    >
    > The RIAA just doesnt get it...They want to force their model on the
    > customer, rather than make any attempt to respond to customer desires...
    > and they thumb their cocaine filled noses at due process....

    If you think the prices are to high, don't buy them. But that still does not
    give you the right to steal them.

    Douglas A. Shrader, Oct 25, 2003
  10. Halloween Raver

    roadkilled Guest

    "Douglas A. Shrader" <> wrote in

    > "roadkilled" <> wrote in message
    >> "dudalb" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > Cut the rights of the artists bullshit.
    >> > You just want your music without paying for it and are trying to
    >> > disguise that fact by a bunch of psuedo revolutionary bullshit.
    >> >

    >> You're absolutely right. we should all pay obscenely inflated prices
    >> for unwanted songs on bloated CD's to support IV drug habits and
    >> hedonistic lifesyles of untalented rock/rap stars.
    >>
    >> The RIAA just doesnt get it...They want to force their model on the
    >> customer, rather than make any attempt to respond to customer
    >> desires... and they thumb their cocaine filled noses at due
    >> process....

    > If you think the prices are to high, don't buy them. But that still
    > does not give you the right to steal them.

    I dont steal them...but perhaps the reason sales are down is as much
    people dont buy them, as people steal them. I wont steal their song. They
    shouldnt steal our due process rights with their "bogus" subpoenas where
    they dont even have to show probable cause to a judge.
    They can afford to buy a congressman, I cant.

    roadkilled, Oct 25, 2003
  11. Halloween Raver

    wolf Guest

    i don't buy music because I think the price is still to high, for
    example the record companies won't you to pay 99 sents or more to
    download music, why should I pay that price when I am buying my own
    blank CD's and using the bandwith that I pay for? all the record
    companies have to do is store the songs owned their server!!!

    wolf, Oct 25, 2003
  12. Douglas A. Shrader Thought for a moment, Smiled, and then wrote:

    > "roadkilled" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"dudalb" <> wrote in
    >>

    >>>Cut the rights of the artists bullshit.
    >>>You just want your music without paying for it and are trying to
    >>>disguise that fact by a bunch of psuedo revolutionary bullshit.
    >>>

    >>You're absolutely right. we should all pay obscenely inflated prices for
    >>unwanted songs on bloated CD's to support IV drug habits and hedonistic
    >>lifesyles of untalented rock/rap stars.
    >>
    >>The RIAA just doesnt get it...They want to force their model on the
    >>customer, rather than make any attempt to respond to customer desires...
    >>and they thumb their cocaine filled noses at due process....

    > If you think the prices are to high, don't buy them. But that still does not
    > give you the right to steal them.

    Like HELL it doesn't.

    Barry Cornholio, Oct 25, 2003
  13. Halloween Raver

    Thor Guest

    "Barry Cornholio" <> wrote in message
    > Douglas A. Shrader Thought for a moment, Smiled, and then wrote:
    >

    > > "roadkilled" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>"dudalb" <> wrote in

    > >>You're absolutely right. we should all pay obscenely inflated prices for
    > >>unwanted songs on bloated CD's to support IV drug habits and hedonistic
    > >>lifesyles of untalented rock/rap stars.
    > >>
    > >>The RIAA just doesnt get it...They want to force their model on the
    > >>customer, rather than make any attempt to respond to customer desires...
    > >>and they thumb their cocaine filled noses at due process....

    > > If you think the prices are to high, don't buy them. But that still does

    not
    > > give you the right to steal them.
    > >

    > Like HELL it doesn't.

    So what else do you think you have the right to steal because of high
    prices? C'mon now. Lets take that flawed logic of yours to it's ultimate
    conclusion.

    Thor, Oct 25, 2003
  14. Halloween Raver

    deathwish Guest