    Orcon UBS, Papatoetoe exchange.

    The Other Guy

    Looking forward to dumping Telecom.
    The Other Guy, Feb 3, 2005

  2. In article <4201b396$>,
    The Other Guy <> wrote:

    >Did anyone else have a 'nationwide' ADSL outage lasting nearly seventeen
    >hours today?

    Seventeen hours?? I would have noticed. My Outlook Express has been
    running constantly since about half past 8 this morning, and it has
    logged no problems being able to send or receive mail.
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Feb 3, 2005

  3. The Other Guy

    Mackin Guest

    The Other Guy wrote:

    > Did anyone else have a 'nationwide' ADSL outage lasting nearly seventeen
    > hours today? Nobody I have talked to had any issues.
    >
    > I have only just got connected again after being without Internet access
    > all day. The ATM link was up, but PPP wouldn't connect.
    >
    > Orcon UBS, Papatoetoe exchange.
    >
    > The Other Guy
    >
    > Looking forward to dumping Telecom.

    No problems here (Penrose, AK). I've been using the net all day.

    Mackin
    Mackin, Feb 3, 2005
  4. The Other Guy

    Primergise Guest

    About todays problem:

    9am:
    Telecom have just called to notify us of a "significant outage" to DSL users
    in the following RANs: Papatoetoe (POP) RANS 13 & 14, Christchurch (CHC) RAN
    12, Riccarton (RIC) RAN 11, Wellington (WLG) RAN 12. DSL customers will not
    be able to authenticate via these RANs at present. There is no expected time
    to fix as yet. Please call Telecom Wholesale if you're after an update. The
    fault number is HNL050270427.

    12:29
    Telecom Jetstream / BitStream issue
    The morning of Thursday 3rd February, 12am, customers may have been
    disconnected from the network. The issue is due to Telecom performing an
    equipment migration over the country.

    Customers affected by this will notice their equipment reporting LCP/PPP
    errors or simply failing to authenticate, however they will see that DSL is
    still connected.

    Telecom does not have an ETA on when this will be fixed, nor will they
    provide a list of affected DSLAMS. We do know however they are fixing this
    one DSLAM at a time. Not all DSLAMS at an exchange are affected.

    Primergise, Feb 3, 2005
  5. Did Telecom bugger up the equipment migration or did they plan on doing
    this and having it take so long?

    What is the Telecom Wholesale phone number?

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Feb 3, 2005
  6. The Other Guy

    Rider Guest

    "Primergise" <> wrote in message
    > About todays problem:
    >
    > 9am:
    > Telecom have just called to notify us of a "significant outage" to DSL
    > users in the following RANs: Papatoetoe (POP) RANS 13 & 14, Christchurch
    > (CHC) RAN 12, Riccarton (RIC) RAN 11, Wellington (WLG) RAN 12. DSL
    > customers will not be able to authenticate via these RANs at present.
    > There is no expected time to fix as yet. Please call Telecom Wholesale if
    > you're after an update. The fault number is HNL050270427.
    >
    > 12:29
    > Telecom Jetstream / BitStream issue
    > The morning of Thursday 3rd February, 12am, customers may have been
    > disconnected from the network. The issue is due to Telecom performing an
    > equipment migration over the country.
    >
    > Customers affected by this will notice their equipment reporting LCP/PPP
    > errors or simply failing to authenticate, however they will see that DSL
    > is still connected.
    >
    > Telecom does not have an ETA on when this will be fixed, nor will they
    > provide a list of affected DSLAMS. We do know however they are fixing this
    > one DSLAM at a time. Not all DSLAMS at an exchange are affected.
    >
    > "The Other Guy" <> wrote in message
    >> Did anyone else have a 'nationwide' ADSL outage lasting nearly seventeen
    >> hours today? Nobody I have talked to had any issues.
    >>
    >> I have only just got connected again after being without Internet access
    >> all day. The ATM link was up, but PPP wouldn't connect.
    >>
    >> Orcon UBS, Papatoetoe exchange.
    >>
    >> The Other Guy
    >>
    >> Looking forward to dumping Telecom.

    Gisborne was without DSL for sometime Thursday. Some people were able to get
    on, while others were still without in the late afternoon.

    Rider
    Rider, Feb 3, 2005
  7. The Other Guy

    Primergise Guest

    I have a feeling they stuffed it up. Wouldnt be the first time. It would be
    great if they let people know that there going to plan an equipment
    migration and there could be a chance of it not going to plan.... But that
    will never happen.

    Telecom Wholesale dont have one number that you can call (to my knowledge).
    They just advise contacting your Wholesale Account Manager. You could call
    0800 808 126 option 1 (Data Faults)

    0800 105 302 is another useful number.

    Primergise, Feb 4, 2005