    Bastards! This is a real slap in the face to all photographers worldwide.

    <http://bp2.blogger.com/_izzkMM_FqTY/RsBMvfD_DAI/AAAAAAAAABg/cI4qcHTx2E0/s1600-h/Book.jpg>

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Aug 13, 2007

  2. Re: National Geographic Threw Away All Credibility When They ReleasedThis Book!!

    Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
    > All this talk about how glamorous it would be working for NG as a
    > photographer and they now have the nerve to release this book! It exposes
    > the true motives of NG. Yes, this is really a book released by NG.
    > Bastards! This is a real slap in the face to all photographers worldwide.
    >
    > <http://bp2.blogger.com/_izzkMM_FqTY/RsBMvfD_DAI/AAAAAAAAABg/cI4qcHTx2E0/s1600-h/Book.jpg>

    To whoever did the PS work: a tiny stroke or shadow along the upper edge
    of the slightly open page makes it better.

    Funny, tho. Thanks for posting.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Aug 13, 2007

  3. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
    > All this talk about how glamorous it would be working for NG as a
    > photographer and they now have the nerve to release this book! It exposes
    > the true motives of NG. Yes, this is really a book released by NG.
    > Bastards! This is a real slap in the face to all photographers worldwide.
    >
    > <http://bp2.blogger.com/_izzkMM_FqTY/RsBMvfD_DAI/AAAAAAAAABg/cI4qcHTx2E0/s1600-h/Book.jpg>
    >

    > Rita

    Are we supposed to read the book or does one picture tell it all.
    Personally, I don't get your point.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Aug 13, 2007
  4. John McWilliams wrote:

    >> All this talk about how glamorous it would be working for NG as a
    >> photographer and they now have the nerve to release this book! It
    >> exposes the true motives of NG. Yes, this is really a book released
    >> by NG. Bastards! This is a real slap in the face to all
    >> photographers worldwide.
    >> <http://bp2.blogger.com/_izzkMM_FqTY/RsBMvfD_DAI/AAAAAAAAABg/cI4qcHTx2E0/s1600-h/Book.jpg>
    >>

    > To whoever did the PS work: a tiny stroke or shadow along the upper
    > edge of the slightly open page makes it better.

    You're losing your mind! There's no PS on this as it is an actual book!
    Really!

    <http://press.nationalgeographic.com/pressroom/index.jsp?pageID=pressReleases_detail&siteID=1&cid=1172091524347>

    > Funny, tho. Thanks for posting.

    Funny and sad at the same time. Though Aimee is a decent photographer in
    her own right. To cheapen the art of digital photography with crappy camera
    phones is an injustice. And to write a book to profit off this stupidity is
    even more of an injustice. So, now NG is reduced to accepting camera phone
    pics from the average slob.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Aug 13, 2007
  5. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Scott W Guest

    John McWilliams wrote:
    > Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
    >> All this talk about how glamorous it would be working for NG as a
    >> photographer and they now have the nerve to release this book! It
    >> exposes
    >> the true motives of NG. Yes, this is really a book released by NG.
    >> Bastards! This is a real slap in the face to all photographers
    >> worldwide.
    >>
    >> <http://bp2.blogger.com/_izzkMM_FqTY/RsBMvfD_DAI/AAAAAAAAABg/cI4qcHTx2E0/s1600-h/Book.jpg>
    >>

    > To whoever did the PS work: a tiny stroke or shadow along the upper edge
    > of the slightly open page makes it better.
    >
    > Funny, tho. Thanks for posting.

    Even funnier is that it is true.
    http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/product/175/3690/122.html

    Scott

    Scott W, Aug 13, 2007
  6. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Celcius Guest

    "Rita Ä Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
    > All this talk about how glamorous it would be working for NG as a
    > photographer and they now have the nerve to release this book! It exposes
    > the true motives of NG. Yes, this is really a book released by NG.
    > Bastards! This is a real slap in the face to all photographers worldwide.
    >
    > <http://bp2.blogger.com/_izzkMM_FqTY/RsBMvfD_DAI/AAAAAAAAABg/cI4qcHTx2E0/s1600-h/Book.jpg>

    Rita,
    Why are you so upset? The fact that a "renowned" photographer writes a book
    about camera phones? Or that camera phones shouldn't have any right in
    photography?
    Have you read the book? Personally, I can't judge before having read the
    book and seen the photos shown in that book.
    You seem to condemn the whole idea of Aimee Baldridge - camera phones -
    National Geographics...
    There are more and more photos taken with camera phones, many of these, good
    enough to be invoked in a courtroom.
    Surely, someone can evaluate and maybe write a book...
    Marcel

    Celcius, Aug 13, 2007
  7. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Rich Guest

    On Aug 13, 10:52 am, Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
    > All this talk about how glamorous it would be working for NG as a
    > photographer and they now have the nerve to release this book! It exposes
    > the true motives of NG. Yes, this is really a book released by NG.
    > Bastards! This is a real slap in the face to all photographers worldwide.
    >
    > <http://bp2.blogger.com/_izzkMM_FqTY/RsBMvfD_DAI/AAAAAAAAABg/cI4qcHTx2...>
    >
    > Rita

    I saw that abomination on Sunday at a local bookstore.

    Rich, Aug 13, 2007
  8. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Doug Payne Guest

    Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:

    > Funny and sad at the same time. Though Aimee is a decent photographer in
    > her own right. To cheapen the art of digital photography with crappy
    > camera
    > phones is an injustice. And to write a book to profit off this
    > stupidity is
    > even more of an injustice. So, now NG is reduced to accepting camera phone
    > pics from the average slob.

    Funny indeed; that's what some people said about digital cameras when
    they were new. How dare they ruin the film experience!

    Doug Payne, Aug 13, 2007
  9. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <f9q0fu$eo6$>, Celcius says...

    > You seem to condemn the whole idea of Aimee Baldridge - camera phones -
    > National Geographics...
    > There are more and more photos taken with camera phones, many of these, good
    > enough to be invoked in a courtroom.

    Can anybody recommend a camera phone with image quality good enough for
    prints?
    --

    Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon, Aug 13, 2007
  10. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Tim Guest

    > "Rita Ä Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
    >> All this talk about how glamorous it would be working for NG as a
    >> photographer and they now have the nerve to release this book! It
    >> exposes the true motives of NG. Yes, this is really a book released
    >> by NG. Bastards! This is a real slap in the face to all
    >> photographers worldwide.
    >> <http://bp2.blogger.com/_izzkMM_FqTY/RsBMvfD_DAI/AAAAAAAAABg/cI4qcHTx2E0/s1600-h/Book.jpg>
    >>

    > Rita,
    > Why are you so upset? The fact that a "renowned" photographer writes
    > a book about camera phones? Or that camera phones shouldn't have any
    > right in photography?
    > Have you read the book? Personally, I can't judge before having read
    > the book and seen the photos shown in that book.
    > You seem to condemn the whole idea of Aimee Baldridge - camera phones
    > - National Geographics...
    > There are more and more photos taken with camera phones, many of
    > these, good enough to be invoked in a courtroom.
    > Surely, someone can evaluate and maybe write a book...
    > Marcel

    d nce ting wd B f twas ritn n txt lang, dat wd mak 4 a ryt gud read :)
    --
    http://www.timdenning.myby.co.uk/

    Tim, Aug 13, 2007
  11. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Celcius Guest

    "Alfred Molon" <> wrote in message
    > In article <f9q0fu$eo6$>, Celcius says...
    >>
    >> You seem to condemn the whole idea of Aimee Baldridge - camera phones -
    >> National Geographics...
    >> There are more and more photos taken with camera phones, many of these,
    >> good
    >> enough to be invoked in a courtroom.

    > Can anybody recommend a camera phone with image quality good enough for
    > prints?
    > --

    Alfred Molon
    I wasn't debating this.
    I simply stated that I hadn't read the book, not seen any photos.
    Therefore, I can't judge.
    Marcel

    Celcius, Aug 13, 2007
  12. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Celcius Guest

    "Rich" <> wrote in message
    On Aug 13, 10:52 am, Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
    > All this talk about how glamorous it would be working for NG as a
    > photographer and they now have the nerve to release this book! It exposes
    > the true motives of NG. Yes, this is really a book released by NG.
    > Bastards! This is a real slap in the face to all photographers worldwide.
    >
    > <http://bp2.blogger.com/_izzkMM_FqTY/RsBMvfD_DAI/AAAAAAAAABg/cI4qcHTx2...>
    >
    > Rita

    I saw that abomination on Sunday at a local bookstore.

    Well Rich,
    Tell us more.
    What was it about? Any photos in it?
    Marcel

    Celcius, Aug 13, 2007
  13. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Celcius Guest

    "Tim" <no > wrote in message
    >> "Rita Ä Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
    >>> All this talk about how glamorous it would be working for NG as a
    >>> photographer and they now have the nerve to release this book! It
    >>> exposes the true motives of NG. Yes, this is really a book released
    >>> by NG. Bastards! This is a real slap in the face to all
    >>> photographers worldwide.
    >>> <http://bp2.blogger.com/_izzkMM_FqTY/RsBMvfD_DAI/AAAAAAAAABg/cI4qcHTx2E0/s1600-h/Book.jpg>
    >>>

    >> Rita,
    >> Why are you so upset? The fact that a "renowned" photographer writes
    >> a book about camera phones? Or that camera phones shouldn't have any
    >> right in photography?
    >> Have you read the book? Personally, I can't judge before having read
    >> the book and seen the photos shown in that book.
    >> You seem to condemn the whole idea of Aimee Baldridge - camera phones
    >> - National Geographics...
    >> There are more and more photos taken with camera phones, many of
    >> these, good enough to be invoked in a courtroom.
    >> Surely, someone can evaluate and maybe write a book...
    >> Marcel

    > d nce ting wd B f twas ritn n txt lang, dat wd mak 4 a ryt gud read :)
    > --

    YUP!

    Celcius, Aug 13, 2007
  14. Re: National Geographic Threw Away All Credibility When They ReleasedThis Book!!

    Doug Payne wrote:
    > Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Funny and sad at the same time. Though Aimee is a decent photographer in
    >> her own right. To cheapen the art of digital photography with crappy
    >> camera
    >> phones is an injustice. And to write a book to profit off this
    >> stupidity is
    >> even more of an injustice. So, now NG is reduced to accepting camera
    >> phone
    >> pics from the average slob.

    > Funny indeed; that's what some people said about digital cameras when
    > they were new. How dare they ruin the film experience!

    That NG puts out a book on low resolution images is ironic, and I agree
    with Rita, sad. But I'm not concerned that they'll start subbing camera
    phone images taken on Safari, etc., for the real thing.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Aug 13, 2007
  15. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Battleax Guest

    Since when has Nat Geo. had any credibility? Certainly not in the last 20
    years

    Battleax, Aug 13, 2007
  16. Re: National Geographic Threw Away All Credibility When They ReleasedThis Book!!

    Scott W wrote:
    > John McWilliams wrote:
    >> Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
    >>> All this talk about how glamorous it would be working for NG as a
    >>> photographer and they now have the nerve to release this book! It
    >>> exposes
    >>> the true motives of NG. Yes, this is really a book released by NG.
    >>> Bastards! This is a real slap in the face to all photographers
    >>> worldwide.
    >>>
    >>> <http://bp2.blogger.com/_izzkMM_FqTY/RsBMvfD_DAI/AAAAAAAAABg/cI4qcHTx2E0/s1600-h/Book.jpg>
    >>>

    >> To whoever did the PS work: a tiny stroke or shadow along the upper
    >> edge of the slightly open page makes it better.
    >>
    >> Funny, tho. Thanks for posting.
    >>

    > Even funnier is that it is true.
    > http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/product/175/3690/122.html

    Ooops, look like I erred, only second time today. Rita posts so many
    things that are amusing, false, or exaggerations that I thought it was a
    photoshopped image.

    Someone's got to come up with a good parallel, maybe something like Hot
    Rod doing a piece on tricycles.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Aug 13, 2007
  17. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Yuki Guest

    On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:07:04 +0200, Alfred Molon <> wrote:

    >In article <f9q0fu$eo6$>, Celcius says...
    >>
    >> You seem to condemn the whole idea of Aimee Baldridge - camera phones -
    >> National Geographics...
    >> There are more and more photos taken with camera phones, many of these, good
    >> enough to be invoked in a courtroom.

    >Can anybody recommend a camera phone with image quality good enough for
    >prints?

    My Sony Ericsson K800i (3.2Mpix) has quality enough for printing snapshots with
    a little Canon Selphy photo printer.

    But as it has real autofocus, close focus capability and a xenon flash, it's
    real value is as a tool for documenting small things like equipment stickers,
    small (or big) parts, even data on computer screens. As it's ever with me I
    don't care to copy things anymore.

    I had used for weeks the Nokia N95, 5Mpix, and it's image quality is not better
    than k800i, too much noise reduction and awful battery life.

    Yuki, Aug 13, 2007
  18. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    TRoss Guest

    On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:07:04 +0200, Alfred Molon <> wrote:

    >In article <f9q0fu$eo6$>, Celcius says...
    >>
    >> You seem to condemn the whole idea of Aimee Baldridge - camera phones -
    >> National Geographics...
    >> There are more and more photos taken with camera phones, many of these, good
    >> enough to be invoked in a courtroom.

    >Can anybody recommend a camera phone with image quality good enough for
    >prints?

    Yep. Robert Clark, the co-author of the Nat Geo book Rita finds so
    offensive, is able to do a lot with a camera phone. I dunno what he
    used, but his "Image America" photos are pretty impressive.

    www.robertclarkphoto.com

    TR

    TRoss, Aug 13, 2007
  19. In rec.photo.equipment.35mm Rita Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
    > All this talk about how glamorous it would be working for NG as a
    > photographer and they now have the nerve to release this book! It exposes
    > the true motives of NG. Yes, this is really a book released by NG.
    > Bastards! This is a real slap in the face to all photographers worldwide.

    My first impulse on seeing the book:

    "Did they use a camera phone to take the cover photo?"

    - Solomon
    --
    Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet dot org
    Melbourne, FL ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^

    Stuffed Crust, Aug 13, 2007
  20. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Pat Guest

    On Aug 13, 12:03 pm, Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
    > John McWilliams wrote:
    > >> All this talk about how glamorous it would be working for NG as a
    > >> photographer and they now have the nerve to release this book! It
    > >> exposes the true motives of NG. Yes, this is really a book released
    > >> by NG. Bastards! This is a real slap in the face to all
    > >> photographers worldwide.
    > >> <http://bp2.blogger.com/_izzkMM_FqTY/RsBMvfD_DAI/AAAAAAAAABg/cI4qcHTx2....>

    > > To whoever did the PS work: a tiny stroke or shadow along the upper
    > > edge of the slightly open page makes it better.

    > You're losing your mind! There's no PS on this as it is an actual book!
    > Really!
    >
    > <http://press.nationalgeographic.com/pressroom/index.jsp?pageID=pressR....>
    >
    > > Funny, tho. Thanks for posting.

    > Funny and sad at the same time. Though Aimee is a decent photographer in
    > her own right. To cheapen the art of digital photography with crappy camera
    > phones is an injustice. And to write a book to profit off this stupidity is
    > even more of an injustice. So, now NG is reduced to accepting camera phone
    > pics from the average slob.
    >
    > Rita

    I don't think they would accept pictures from the average slob no
    matter what format is used to take them. The simple fact is that the
    photographer is more important than the equipment. There are a few
    exceptionally good photographers out there who could use a camera
    phone and still blow away 95% of the people in the world who are using
    top of the line dSLRs. It is wasn't a skill and an art, it would be
    easy.

    Pat, Aug 13, 2007