  1. mako

    mako Guest

    I need National DID's for a (SIP) VoIP product. Can anyone help?

    mako, Oct 14, 2004

  2. (mako) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I need National DID's for a (SIP) VoIP product. Can anyone help?

    Check out http://www.voiptelco.net

    We do:

    -VoIP Termination
    -Softswitch Leasing
    -DID Lines

    VoIPTelco.net
    The Voice Over IP Telco's Telco!

    VoIPTelco.net, Oct 14, 2004

  3. mako

    Kyler Laird Guest

    (mako) writes:

    >I need National DID's for a (SIP) VoIP product. Can anyone help?

    I haven't found any organized (by area code) lists of DID providers.
    I'm surprised no one has started providing this information.

    Instead, I just work through this list.
    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-VOIP Service Providers
    For some reason it seems like most of the providers hide the lists
    of areas they service. Sometimes they're only available in the
    registration forms (usually by way of some ^#$%! JavaScript).

    BroadVoice and VoicePulse Connect! both offer basic DID service. I
    just heard back from BroadVoice that they consider their BYOD-Lite
    service to be "residential" so it looks like Connect! is better if
    you are going to be doing commercial things with it. Unfortunately
    VoicePulse doesn't have as many DID areas.

    Good luck.

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Oct 16, 2004
  4. In article <>,
    VoIPTelco.net <> wrote:
    > (mako) wrote in message
    >> I need National DID's for a (SIP) VoIP product. Can anyone help?

    >Check out http://www.voiptelco.net

    I did. $15 per DID as a wholesale price? People are retailing for
    far less than that. Broadvoice for $6 including 100 minutes of
    outgoing USA, which would cost another $3.13 at your "wholesale" bronze
    price.

    So, the right idea -- but where are these supposed wholesale prices
    coming from?

    DIDs should be in the few-buck range wholesale -- (or perhaps $1.50
    with a tiny per-minute charge for incoming) and termination in the
    USA I've seen for a penny wholesale, you want 2.6 cents if I buy
    it in $2,000 chunks.
    --
    How to fix the DNS system and break up ICANN
    http://www.templetons.com/brad/dns/

    Brad Templeton, Oct 18, 2004
  5. mako

    Kyler Laird Guest

    (Brad Templeton) writes:

    >>Check out http://www.voiptelco.net

    I finally figured out that followup you saw (and I saw on one of my
    messages) was from some stupid 'bot that just appends the ad to the
    bottom of the entire quoted message. Ug.

    >I did. $15 per DID as a wholesale price? People are retailing for
    >far less than that. Broadvoice for $6 including 100 minutes of
    >outgoing USA, which would cost another $3.13 at your "wholesale" bronze
    >price.

    Be careful. BroadVoice says that their $6 ($5.95 BYOD-Lite) plan is
    for residential use only. For non-residential they require going all
    the way to the $29.95 Business Unlimited plan. You can add two
    numbers to that plan for $1.95/month though, so it works out to be
    $33.85 for three lines or $11.28/line...but you also get "unlimited"
    outgoing calls. That's still a lot better than paying $15 for an
    incoming line from some spammer.

    >DIDs should be in the few-buck range wholesale -- (or perhaps $1.50
    >with a tiny per-minute charge for incoming)

    VoicePulse Connect! is $7.99/line with no additional charge for
    incoming minutes. That's the best I've found. I'd like to hear of
    any that you find in the "few-buck range".

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Oct 18, 2004
  6. In article <>,
    Kyler Laird <> wrote:
    > (Brad Templeton) writes:
    >
    >>>Check out http://www.voiptelco.net

    >I finally figured out that followup you saw (and I saw on one of my
    >messages) was from some stupid 'bot that just appends the ad to the
    >bottom of the entire quoted message. Ug.
    >
    >>I did. $15 per DID as a wholesale price? People are retailing for
    >>far less than that. Broadvoice for $6 including 100 minutes of
    >>outgoing USA, which would cost another $3.13 at your "wholesale" bronze
    >>price.

    >Be careful. BroadVoice says that their $6 ($5.95 BYOD-Lite) plan is
    >for residential use only. For non-residential they require going all
    >the way to the $29.95 Business Unlimited plan. You can add two
    >numbers to that plan for $1.95/month though, so it works out to be
    >$33.85 for three lines or $11.28/line...but you also get "unlimited"
    >outgoing calls. That's still a lot better than paying $15 for an
    >incoming line from some spammer.
    >
    >>DIDs should be in the few-buck range wholesale -- (or perhaps $1.50
    >>with a tiny per-minute charge for incoming)

    >VoicePulse Connect! is $7.99/line with no additional charge for
    >incoming minutes. That's the best I've found. I'd like to hear of
    >any that you find in the "few-buck range".

    Point was this site is pretending to be wholesale. Wholesale DIDs
    are much cheaper, can be below a buck, but you need to be buying lots
    and lots of them. Ditto termination which in major cities wholesales
    for about 0.6 cents/minute, again if you buy a lot.

    Call Level 3 for example.

    If you are buying retail, then plans like Broadvoice make sense.
    --
    Essays on the spam issue and how to solve it
    http://www.templetons.com/brad/spume/

    Brad Templeton, Oct 25, 2004
  7. mako

    mako Guest

    (Brad Templeton) wrote in message news:<>...
    > In article <>,
    > Kyler Laird <> wrote:

    > >I finally figured out that followup you saw (and I saw on one of my
    > >messages) was from some stupid 'bot that just appends the ad to the
    > >bottom of the entire quoted message. Ug.
    > >
    > >>I did. $15 per DID as a wholesale price? People are retailing for
    > >>far less than that. Broadvoice for $6 including 100 minutes of
    > >>outgoing USA, which would cost another $3.13 at your "wholesale" bronze
    > >>price.

    > >Be careful. BroadVoice says that their $6 ($5.95 BYOD-Lite) plan is
    > >for residential use only. For non-residential they require going all
    > >the way to the $29.95 Business Unlimited plan. You can add two
    > >numbers to that plan for $1.95/month though, so it works out to be
    > >$33.85 for three lines or $11.28/line...but you also get "unlimited"
    > >outgoing calls. That's still a lot better than paying $15 for an
    > >incoming line from some spammer.
    > >
    > >>DIDs should be in the few-buck range wholesale -- (or perhaps $1.50
    > >>with a tiny per-minute charge for incoming)

    > >VoicePulse Connect! is $7.99/line with no additional charge for
    > >incoming minutes. That's the best I've found. I'd like to hear of
    > >any that you find in the "few-buck range".

    > Point was this site is pretending to be wholesale. Wholesale DIDs
    > are much cheaper, can be below a buck, but you need to be buying lots
    > and lots of them. Ditto termination which in major cities wholesales
    > for about 0.6 cents/minute, again if you buy a lot.
    >
    > Call Level 3 for example.
    >
    > If you are buying retail, then plans like Broadvoice make sense.

    I,m using Nufone today. It works OK, but the monthly is about $7.99.
    I agree that wholesale should be about .5 or in the few buck range.
    The only thing that I've found as a provider, is to put a PRI in every
    city. I pay $4.00 for a block of 20 DID's on a PRI that I have in
    South FLA., not including my local loop charge and tax. (Not real
    cost effective.) I'll let you know what I find.

    mako, Oct 26, 2004
  8. mako

    TandemTransit

    Joined:
    May 26, 2009
    Messages:
    5
    Location:
    New York
    Wholesale DIDs and IP ports

    You need to purchase these items together. you can not have just DIDs without having a IP port or TDM circuit somewhere. IP ports or SIP trunks can have multiple call paths or rollover lines. DIDs can be assigned in any combination of ways, if you are working with SIP trunks then its best to seek out a IP based provider. We provide wholesale origination only, so if you are seeking DIDs with a minimum of 96 IP ports for inbound calls to your switch, then you can submit an application to us on TandemTransit dot com. But i wont be able to support retail users directly, you may want to seek a voip provider who can offer termination or accept your calls outbound.

    TandemTransit, May 26, 2009
  9. mako

    TandemTransit

    Joined:
    May 26, 2009
    Messages:
    5
    Location:
    New York
    Tandem Transit

    I can provide unlimited inbound call paths or IP ports for any number of DIDs within LATA 132 (NY) or any west coast LATA. You will need to have a minimum of 96 ports to have wholesale rights on unlimited inbound ports. The DIDs can be ported to our platform if you have them. In addition this will require a wholesale agreement. email me at Dino at TandemTransit.com if you want some trial ports to test your setup.

    Typically inbound ports can be billed per minute, but we are offering a flat rate port charge. this is SIP trunking to an SBC, not a retail handset. We can put you in touch with one of our clients should you need a lower IP port setup.

    TandemTransit, May 26, 2009
  10. mako

    TandemTransit

    Joined:
    May 26, 2009
    Messages:
    5
    Location:
    New York
    No Such Thing as True Unlimited Calling or is there?

    Most people jump on Unlimited calling plans, it seems to be a peace of mind marketing plan conjured up by some of our industry leaders. Unlimited or is it really a numbers game....given the inside scoop on the wholesale side of telecommunications, almost all carriers need to purchase minute termination from the other guy. What? Yes, all CARRIERS...who receive or originate calls from their clients need to ultimately terminate that call on too another carriers network. Seems very simple to understand, but yet there is complex billing and routing scheme in the mix, where these carriers fight it out for fractions of a penny on millions of minutes per month. So lets say you are smart enough to know all this, and yet you still want unlimited plans? when you can simply negotiate with a wholesale carrier to accept all your so called traffic...What was that? ok, let me say this again, because you cant predict where all your calls are going to need to be terminated on any given minute, you can negotiate with several wholesale providers to give you traffic termination at fractions of a penny, and this may prove to be less than your beloved unlimited plan. WHY? well in the end you are looking for simplicity, and cheap, and maybe quality. Since all carriers need to send their traffic to another carrier (even when it seems both ends of the call are on the same brand) you may find some new ideas in this little research. For example, buying SIP origination from Tandem Transit and SIP termination from say another carrier, SIP origination with DIDs inbound would suffice have the traffic needs, while you can reduce the Ports needed for outbound with a SIP termination agreement from a wholesale provider. Look into it, and let me know what you think? after all you are wasting time reading blogs, why not turn it into a learning/ cost savings R&D project.

    TandemTransit, Jun 4, 2009
  11. mako

    TandemTransit

    Joined:
    May 26, 2009
    Messages:
    5
    Location:
    New York
    Inbound Only Rate structure: (what do you make of this?)
    DID (direct inward dialing) Numbers: 0.25 Cents each.
    IP port (96 minimum): $7 each (inbound only)
    -or-
    DID Numbers: .75 cents each
    0.022 cents rpm (inbound rate per minute)(beats toll free)
    with a 25k minute minimum usage per month. rates can go as low as .004 for more volume.

    ALL SIP ORIGINATION ONLY. ALL YOU NEED IS AN ISP STATIC IP in IP PBX.
    YOU will need to have some lines to send calls out if you are setup to make outbound calls.

    TandemTransit, Jun 4, 2009
  12. mako

    TandemTransit

    Joined:
    May 26, 2009
    Messages:
    5
    Location:
    New York
    USA WHOLESALE DIDs

    Check out TandemTransit rate sheet online for USA DIDs, all IP ports can have unlimited DIDs assigned. All inbound traffic can be unlimited if you have enough ports.

    Tier pricing, and measured plans for startups.

    TandemTransit, Jun 26, 2009