NAT woes Cisco 1800

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by dgh94703@yahoo.com, Mar 19, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Here is a problem that I've got.

    Our office is using a 1800 series router for the LAN and we are using
    a mixture of DCHP and Static IPs in the private address space.

    One of our admins set up a NAT mapping of two static private addresses
    to public IPs

    10.10.10.24 <-> XX.XXX.XX.XXX, with the proper ports opened in the
    ACL.

    Both machines were configured properly for their assigned IP's

    Both machines are able to connect to the outside world.

    Neither machine can receive connections either through the public IP
    or their internal IPs.

    Alas, the admin who did the work is on vacation and is unavailable at
    this time.

    Can anybody make a suggestion on how I can get the world to talk to
    these machines?

    Regards,

    D.
    , Mar 19, 2008

  2. Scooty Guest

    On Mar 20, 5:32 am, "" <> wrote:
    > Here is a problem that I've got.
    >
    > Our office is using a 1800 series router for the LAN and we are using
    > a mixture of DCHP and Static IPs in the private address space.
    >
    > One of our admins set up a NAT mapping of two static private addresses
    > to public IPs
    >
    > 10.10.10.24 <-> XX.XXX.XX.XXX, with the proper ports opened in the
    > ACL.
    >
    > Both machines were configured properly for their assigned IP's
    >
    > Both machines are able to connect to the outside world.
    >
    > Neither machine can receive connections either through the public IP
    > or their internal IPs.
    >
    > Alas, the admin who did the work is on vacation and is unavailable at
    > this time.
    >
    > Can anybody make a suggestion on how I can get the world to talk to
    > these machines?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > D.

    You say the machines in question don't accept connections from the
    outside as well as the inside. If you can't connect on the inside from
    inside hosts I doubt the problem is NAT related. If you try and
    connect to one of the hosts from another host on the same subnet does
    it work?
    What is it that these systems are doing, are they say Windows boxes
    running IIS? First thing would be to ge them working internally before
    tackling the outside issue!!

    Scott
    Scooty, Mar 20, 2008