    Is NAT and tunnelling mutually exclusive?

    TIA
    Digital Doug
    Houston SBC, Jan 25, 2007

  2. In article <eP2uh.4277$>,
    Houston SBC <> wrote:
    >I have a Cisco 2650 w 2 T-1 WICs and IOS 12.3.
    >We have the internal FA0/1 doing overload NAT.
    >Does anyone know if it is possible to also create a tunnel between this
    >router and another Cisco?
    >Is NAT and tunnelling mutually exclusive?

    Not mutually exclusive, No.

    I don't know the details for IOS (and I understand it changed within
    the last 2 years or so); on Cisco PIX, the trick is that the ACL
    that designates the tunnel traffic must describe the traffic after NAT
    (for outgoing traffic) or before de-NAT (incoming traffic) -- essentially
    must match what would appear on the wire if the tunnels were not
    intercepting the packets and encapsulating them.
    Walter Roberson, Jan 25, 2007

  3. Houston SBC

    News Guest

    I think with a site-to-site VPN you have to apply an access-list that denies
    your hosts from being NATd so they can cross the link to the other router.

    News, Jan 25, 2007