    this.

    Regards,

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Apr 12, 2011

  2. Fred Atkinson

    alexd Guest

    Meanwhile, at the comp.dcom.sys.cisco Job Justification Hearings, Fred
    Atkinson chose the tried and tested strategy of:

    > What is the correct syntax for the command line to achieve
    > this.

    What OS and platform is your router?

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    18:09:36 up 3 days, 21:22, 7 users, load average: 0.41, 1.26, 0.74

    alexd, Apr 13, 2011

  3. On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 18:10:02 +0100, alexd <>
    wrote:

    >Meanwhile, at the comp.dcom.sys.cisco Job Justification Hearings, Fred
    >Atkinson chose the tried and tested strategy of:
    >
    >> What is the correct syntax for the command line to achieve
    >> this.

    >What OS and platform is your router?

    Cisco IOS Version 12.3(8r)YI
    It is a Cisco 871 SOHO router.

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Apr 14, 2011
  4. Fred Atkinson

    Geatz

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2007
    Messages:
    6
    You'll need to configure NAT. I didn't check the IOS but it is probably something like:

    ip nat inside source static tcp (Local IP) 4200 (Global IP) 4200

    you may need the extendable command at the end so:

    ip nat inside source static tcp (Local IP) 4200 (Global IP) 4200 extandable

    This should permit access from any public source over port 4200, however you will probably want to apply some security options - inbound and outbound ACLs - on the WAN interface as well.

    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
    Geatz, Apr 15, 2011