NAT Static translation 2-way problem. (Cisco 2811 router)

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by dylan@thurstonco.com, Feb 13, 2009.

  1. Guest

    Ok so i have setup a static route

    Code:
    ip nat inside source static 10.1.2.5 x.x.85.123 route-map SDM_RMAP_1
    extendable.

    (the route-map is defined to let the traffic go through the vpn
    instead of our the default nat).

    Everything seems to be ok when the connection is initiated by the
    outside. (packets go from outside(x.x.85.123) to inside(10.1.2.5) and

    The problem i have is if a connection is initiated from the inside
    (10.1.2.5) and is going out. It ends up coming from x.x.85.123 (the
    outside ip address of the router). I know this because if i use a
    whatsmyip service from 10.1.2.5 it reports the ip address of x.x.
    85.122.

    What do i need to do so that all trafic initiated from 10.1.2.5 goes
    out translated as coming from x.x.85.123 instead of x.x.85.122

    Her is my config with pertinent info marked with comments.

    http://pastebin.com/d5fad308b

    , Feb 13, 2009