    Is there a CLI command that can facilitate this? I know it used to work with my NetGear router.

    Any assistance appreciated!

    --Paul
    Paul, Mar 13, 2008

  2. Paul

    Chad Mahoney Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > I host a webserver on my internal network. I use a PAT configuration set up on my Cisco 851 Router. It port forwards
    > HTTP traffic through the public interface to a webserver in my internal network. All HTTP connections from the
    > Internet get NAT'd to the webserver work perfectly.
    >
    > Problem: When I try to navigate to the web site from a workstation on the internal network (192.168.1.101) I get a page
    > cannot be displayed error.
    >
    > This seemed to work fine with my Linksys router previously but not Cisco.I think this is some NAT configuration issue.
    >
    > I want connections from the internal network to behave the same way as users connectiing from the
    > Internet? And yes, I understand that I can use DNS but that is not an option this case. I want the router to NAT
    > connections the same way whether they are coming from the Internet or my internal network.
    >
    > Is there a CLI command that can facilitate this? I know it used to work with my NetGear router.
    >
    > Any assistance appreciated!
    >
    > --Paul

    In the PIX/ASA world you can use DNS doctoring.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00807968c8.shtml
    Chad Mahoney, Mar 13, 2008

  3. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Unfortunately, I don't have that option. But the article does a nice job of explaining the problem. Thanks.

    Paul, Mar 13, 2008
  4. Paul

    Zakkas

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2006
    Messages:
    15
    If your DNS is setup correctly you should be able to go to the website name and DNS will resolve accorddingly for internal/external connections.
    Zakkas, Mar 14, 2008