NAT on 2620

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Brian Bergin, Nov 11, 2003.

  1. Brian Bergin

    Brian Bergin Guest

    Here's what I need to do. I have a 2620 running 12.3.1a. I have a block of IPs
    from the ISP. I'd like to be able to use NAT on the 2620 where I use some IPs
    for specific things, say SMTP/POP3, but for the rest of the systems I want them
    to just NAT to the world. I've found references to setups like this. Will this
    work:

    ip nat inside source list 1 interface Serial0/0 overload
    ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.45 public_1
    ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.46 public_2
    ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.47 public_3
    ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.48 public_4

    Of course, I'll need ACLs to limit traffic to desired ports. The question is,
    can I overload to an IP assigned to us or do I have to use the Serial0/0 to
    overload to?

    Thanks...
    Brian Bergin

    I can be reached via e-mail at
    cisco_dot_news_at_comcept_dot_net.

    Please post replies to the group so all may benefit.

    Brian Bergin, Nov 11, 2003

  2. Brian Bergin

    Rod Dorman Guest

    In article <>,
    Brian Bergin <> wrote:
    >Here's what I need to do. I have a 2620 running 12.3.1a. I have a
    >block of IPs from the ISP. I'd like to be able to use NAT on the
    >2620 where I use some IPs for specific things, say SMTP/POP3, but for
    >the rest of the systems I want them to just NAT to the world. I've
    >found references to setups like this. Will this work:
    >
    >ip nat inside source list 1 interface Serial0/0 overload
    >ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.45 public_1
    >ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.46 public_2
    >ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.47 public_3
    >ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.48 public_4
    >
    >Of course, I'll need ACLs to limit traffic to desired ports. The question is,
    >can I overload to an IP assigned to us or do I have to use the Serial0/0 to
    >overload to?

    Your one to one mappings are fine. For the "rest of the systems" I'd
    do it via a NAT pool.

    ip nat pool nat-pool public_5 public_6 prefix-length <whatever>
    ip nat inside source list 1 pool nat-pool overload

    --
    -- Rod --
    rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com

    Rod Dorman, Nov 11, 2003