NAT extendable option

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by yoorio, Jul 25, 2006.

  1. yoorio

    yoorio

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    can anybody explain the NAT "extendable" option?

    ip nat inside source static <localaddr> <globaladdr> extendable

    Although I have found explanations I can's still accept some issues...
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_white_paper09186a0080091cb9.shtml
    -- cut--
    The extendable keyword allows the user to configure several ambiguous static translations, where an ambiguous translations are translations with the same local or global address.
    -- cut--

    according that a few ambiguous AT entries allowed:
    e.g:
    ip nat inside source static 1.1.1.1 10.10.10.10 extendable
    ip nat inside source static 1.1.1.1 20.20.20.20 extendable
    ip nat inside source static 1.1.1.1 30.30.30.30 extendable

    Q1: what translation will be used?

    Q2: even if extended translations (including port numbers) are used in the NAT-table...there is the condition to create the translations ?

    the similar question about NAT "extendable":
    http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t40718-ip-nat-inside-extendable.html

    Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
    yoorio, Jul 25, 2006