NASDAQ 100 Open Sharapova photos

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Paiasoloco, Mar 29, 2005.

  1. Paiasoloco

    Paiasoloco Guest

    Paiasoloco, Mar 29, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    "Paiasoloco" <> wrote:

    > http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=483290
    >
    > She's just gorgous. A fantastic subject to photograph.

    You need to manually set the white balance when shooting into a colored
    background. Your color balance is all over the place.
    Kevin McMurtrie, Mar 30, 2005

  3. Paiasoloco

    Skip M Guest

    "Kevin McMurtrie" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > "Paiasoloco" <> wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=483290
    >>
    >> She's just gorgous. A fantastic subject to photograph.

    > You need to manually set the white balance when shooting into a colored
    > background. Your color balance is all over the place.

    On my monitor, the color balance is fine, witness the white lines on the
    court. The exposure varies a little, is all.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
    Skip M, Mar 30, 2005
  4. Paiasoloco

    Paiasoloco Guest

    You mean that color is inconsistent between shots? Maybe true. I was
    trying different speed/aperture combinations. I've read that small
    aperture (my Lumix does f/8 max.) and long focal lengths can cause
    fringing. So I tried shooting with as big an aperture as possible and
    compensated exposure by 2 points darker. But as you see it was a very
    bright day so there was not much I could do at that particular moment.

    I don't know how to manually set white balance yet, and although my
    camera has that option, I haven't played with yet. So, you are
    recommending use manual wb in colored backgrounds, how do I do this?
    Paiasoloco, Mar 30, 2005
  5. Paiasoloco

    Roy Guest

    "Paiasoloco" <> wrote in message
    > You mean that color is inconsistent between shots? Maybe true. I was
    > trying different speed/aperture combinations. I've read that small
    > aperture (my Lumix does f/8 max.) and long focal lengths can cause
    > fringing. So I tried shooting with as big an aperture as possible and
    > compensated exposure by 2 points darker. But as you see it was a very
    > bright day so there was not much I could do at that particular moment.
    >
    > I don't know how to manually set white balance yet, and although my
    > camera has that option, I haven't played with yet. So, you are
    > recommending use manual wb in colored backgrounds, how do I do this?

    Don't bother.

    Your White Balance is fine, its just the Exposure that is a little bit out.
    If Skip says so, you can be sure that it really is.

    If the light was constant, you should just have metered off the Green Court
    Surface (it is about as close to 18% grey as you will get) and left the
    Camera on that setting. You probably needed a fairly high shutter speed, in
    order to freeze the action, and stop the ball from becoming a blurred line,
    so your large aperture was the correct way to go.

    Roy G
    Roy, Mar 30, 2005