Napster

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by water rat, Jan 30, 2006.

  1. water rat

    water rat Guest

    Have contacted Napster about the British version. I was sent a copy via
    e-mail by a guy named Tony, fortunately I burned the attachment to cd
    before installling on to my external hard drive. Unfortunately I had
    forgot to check that the German version had been completely erased, the
    registration formular was still on my hard drive, so after installing I
    find the British version still has a percentage of German in the menu.
    According to Napster those living in Germany cannot have the English
    version. This cannot be because of copyright, because as I see it,
    Napster are opening up all their files on a monthy payment basis or
    payment per track to burn. Those in England have probably read that
    Napster are covering the charts from 1952 onwards, yes the American
    Billboard charts, I have seen nothing yet of the British charts or have
    I missed something. Payment can be made from bank accounts, via Visa or
    Paypal, so where is the problem. This problem does not exist with
    Itunes, who will be Napsters main rival. . The only answer I can see is
    to cancel my 7 day trial, erase all napster data and start from
    scratch. Has anyone out there got any ideas.

    Steve

    water rat, Jan 30, 2006

  2. water rat wrote:

    Have contacted Napster about the British version. I was sent a copy via
    >e-mail by a guy named Tony, fortunately I burned the attachment to cd
    >before installling on to my external hard drive. Unfortunately I had
    >forgot to check that the German version had been completely erased, the
    >registration formular was still on my hard drive, so after installing I
    >find the British version still has a percentage of German in the menu.
    >According to Napster those living in Germany cannot have the English
    >version. This cannot be because of copyright, because as I see it,
    >Napster are opening up all their files on a monthy payment basis or
    >payment per track to burn. Those in England have probably read that
    >Napster are covering the charts from 1952 onwards, yes the American
    >Billboard charts, I have seen nothing yet of the British charts or have
    >I missed something. Payment can be made from bank accounts, via Visa or
    >Paypal, so where is the problem. This problem does not exist with
    >Itunes, who will be Napsters main rival. . The only answer I can see is
    >to cancel my 7 day trial, erase all napster data and start from
    >scratch. Has anyone out there got any ideas.
    >
    >Steve

    Were you really?
    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006