Nanaca Crash

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Danny Colyer, Apr 24, 2005.

  1. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    <URL:http://homepage.mac.com/pockyrevolution/nanaca_crash.html>

    This link leads to a Flash game. There are some other interesting games
    on the same site. A couple of weeks ago I had no problems playing them
    in FF, now I am asked what I would like to do with this HTML file. If I
    choose to open with "FirefoxHTML (default)" then FF tries to open
    <URL:file:///c:/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/TEMP/nanaca_crash-2.html>
    which obviously doesn't work.

    The only thing I can think of having changed in the meantime is that I
    upgraded from FF1.02 to 1.03. There have been various extension
    upgrades as well, but I get the same result when I start FF in safe mode.

    Any ideas?

    Danny Colyer, Apr 24, 2005

  2. Danny Colyer

    Tony Raven Guest

    Danny Colyer wrote:
    > <URL:http://homepage.mac.com/pockyrevolution/nanaca_crash.html>
    >
    > This link leads to a Flash game. There are some other interesting games
    > on the same site. A couple of weeks ago I had no problems playing them
    > in FF, now I am asked what I would like to do with this HTML file. If I
    > choose to open with "FirefoxHTML (default)" then FF tries to open
    > <URL:file:///c:/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/TEMP/nanaca_crash-2.html>
    > which obviously doesn't work.
    >
    > The only thing I can think of having changed in the meantime is that I
    > upgraded from FF1.02 to 1.03. There have been various extension
    > upgrades as well, but I get the same result when I start FF in safe mode.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Same here but it works OK on
    http://storage.act-9.com/2005/0222/nanaca.htm.

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Apr 24, 2005

  3. Danny Colyer

    Roland Guest

    On 24-4-2005 14:09, Danny Colyer wrote:
    > <URL:http://homepage.mac.com/pockyrevolution/nanaca_crash.html>
    >
    > This link leads to a Flash game. There are some other interesting games
    > on the same site. A couple of weeks ago I had no problems playing them
    > in FF, now I am asked what I would like to do with this HTML file. If I
    > choose to open with "FirefoxHTML (default)" then FF tries to open
    > <URL:file:///c:/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/TEMP/nanaca_crash-2.html>
    > which obviously doesn't work.
    >
    > The only thing I can think of having changed in the meantime is that I
    > upgraded from FF1.02 to 1.03. There have been various extension
    > upgrades as well, but I get the same result when I start FF in safe mode.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Nothing worng with Firefox. It's the server (homepage.mac.com) that is
    serving the page with the wrong content-type. The page is served as
    application/octet-stream whereas it should be text/html.
    Content type application/octet-stream is the type that should be used if
    nothing else is applicable: it's like the webserver is saying "I'm
    sending you this page, but I don't know what it is".
    Contact the website's administrator about this problem.
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \

    Roland, Apr 24, 2005
  4. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    I wrote:
    >><URL:http://homepage.mac.com/pockyrevolution/nanaca_crash.html>
    >>
    >>This link leads to a Flash game. There are some other interesting games
    >>on the same site. A couple of weeks ago I had no problems playing them
    >>in FF, now I am asked what I would like to do with this HTML file. If I
    >>choose to open with "FirefoxHTML (default)" then FF tries to open
    >><URL:file:///c:/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/TEMP/nanaca_crash-2.html>
    >>which obviously doesn't work.
    >>
    >>The only thing I can think of having changed in the meantime is that I
    >>upgraded from FF1.02 to 1.03. There have been various extension
    >>upgrades as well, but I get the same result when I start FF in safe mode.
    >>
    >>Any ideas?

    and Tony Raven responded:
    > Same here but it works OK on
    > http://storage.act-9.com/2005/0222/nanaca.htm.

    Thanks for that Tony. I saw that link when it was posted to
    uk.rec.cycling as well, but I was more interested in why the link I
    posted didn't work with FF. I was also interested in playing some of
    the other games on the site, particularly Tontie, which I've now found
    an alternative site for:
    <URL:http://www.ebaumsworld.com/tontie.html>

    (The original link works find in IE, but I'm well aware that that's at
    least as likely to indicate a broken website as a broken browser).

    Danny Colyer, Apr 25, 2005
  5. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Roland wrote:
    > Nothing worng with Firefox. It's the server (homepage.mac.com) that is
    > serving the page with the wrong content-type. The page is served as
    > application/octet-stream whereas it should be text/html.
    > Content type application/octet-stream is the type that should be used if
    > nothing else is applicable: it's like the webserver is saying "I'm
    > sending you this page, but I don't know what it is".
    > Contact the website's administrator about this problem.

    Thanks Roland.

    Danny Colyer, Apr 25, 2005
  6. Danny Colyer

    shawn Guest

    Danny Colyer <> wrote:

    >Roland wrote:
    >> Nothing worng with Firefox. It's the server (homepage.mac.com) that is
    >> serving the page with the wrong content-type. The page is served as
    >> application/octet-stream whereas it should be text/html.
    >> Content type application/octet-stream is the type that should be used if
    >> nothing else is applicable: it's like the webserver is saying "I'm
    >> sending you this page, but I don't know what it is".
    >> Contact the website's administrator about this problem.

    >Thanks Roland.

    If you would like I can send the file to you. That way you don't have
    to keep downloading the file each time you want to play (and use up
    the site's bandwidth).

    shawn, Apr 26, 2005