Name the tune?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by turtill@hotmail.com, Dec 26, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , Dec 26, 2006

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I listen to Mojo and I keep hearing a song that sounds like it is
    > being sung by Vanmorison and it turns into an Irish jig with a woman
    > singing too. The words I keep hearing are "and the bells rung out for
    > christmas." Can anybody tell me what this song is called and where can
    > I get the words?
    > pete
    > --
    > http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/

    What planet are you on?
    It's the Fairytale of New York by the Pogues with the late Kirsty McCall.
    the finest xmas song ever
    Strange posts, Dec 26, 2006

  3. William Guest

    http://www.pogues.com/Releases/Lyrics/LPs/IfIShould/Fairytale.html

    --
    WH
    William, Dec 26, 2006
  4. Guest

    On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 01:17:56 -0000, "Strange posts"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >>I listen to Mojo and I keep hearing a song that sounds like it is
    >> being sung by Vanmorison and it turns into an Irish jig with a woman
    >> singing too. The words I keep hearing are "and the bells rung out for
    >> christmas." Can anybody tell me what this song is called and where can
    >> I get the words?

    >What planet are you on?
    >It's the Fairytale of New York by the Pogues with the late Kirsty McCall.
    >the finest xmas song ever

    Thanks. It shows how little I know. Yes it is the best xmas song I
    have heard.
    pete
    --
    http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/
    , Dec 26, 2006
  5. Guest

    On 25 Dec 2006 17:52:24 -0800, "William" <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> I listen to Mojo and I keep hearing a song that sounds like it is
    >> being sung by Vanmorison and it turns into an Irish jig with a woman
    >> singing too. The words I keep hearing are "and the bells rung out for
    >> christmas." Can anybody tell me what this song is called and where can
    >> I get the words?

    >http://www.pogues.com/Releases/Lyrics/LPs/IfIShould/Fairytale.html

    Thanks that is absolutely wonderful.
    pete
  6. Kenny Guest

    There's also a nice version on one of Christy Moore's CD's, don't know which
    one.
    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Dec 26, 2006