    It goes: Plonk. plonk-plonk. plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk.....
    (that's the only bit I ever hear, except a similar refrain an octave or
    so above this).

    anthonyberet, Oct 8, 2005

  2. anthonyberet

    old jon Guest

    "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > It's a piece of instrumental xylophone music, quite upbeat, warming. Used
    > a lot in ads and by the BBC for some reason.
    >
    > It goes: Plonk. plonk-plonk. plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk.....
    > (that's the only bit I ever hear, except a similar refrain an octave or so
    > above this).

    Keep it under your hat, or everyone will want it.

    old jon, Oct 8, 2005

  3. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    Hammerer wrote:
    > "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>It's a piece of instrumental xylophone music, quite upbeat,
    >>warming. Used a lot in ads and by the BBC for some reason.
    >>It goes: Plonk. plonk-plonk. plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk.....
    >>(that's the only bit I ever hear, except a similar refrain an octave
    >>or so above this).
    >>

    > Sounds like the xylophone player is practising morse code. Or trying to do a
    > xylophone version of Kraftwerk's 'Autobahn'.

    No I don't think it is Autobahn, - unless the Germans have taken to
    putting speed-bumps on motorways.

    anthonyberet, Oct 8, 2005
  4. anthonyberet

    Hammerer Guest

    Hammerer, Oct 8, 2005
  5. anthonyberet

    SteveTBM® Guest

    http://www.commercialbreaksandbeats.co.uk

    SteveTBM®, Oct 8, 2005
  6. anthonyberet

    FinnTroll Guest

    "anthonyberet" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > It's a piece of instrumental xylophone music, quite upbeat, warming. Used a lot
    > in ads and by the BBC for some reason.
    >
    > It goes: Plonk. plonk-plonk. plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk.....
    > (that's the only bit I ever hear, except a similar refrain an octave or so above
    > this).

    well, I got to admit I fail to feel the rhythm, or perhaps better said, it does
    not ring a bell :) However, I got an old demo-mpg from ATI promoting their early
    9700-series ... I have it in my share under the name < (demo) -
    ATI-9700-animusic.mpg > ... you could have a look at it, if you like. I guess it
    ain't what you're looking for, but it is a nice tune and a good anime-video

    FinnTroll, Oct 8, 2005
  7. In article <>,
    anthonyberet <> wrote:

    > It goes: Plonk. plonk-plonk. plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk.....
    > (that's the only bit I ever hear, except a similar refrain an octave or
    > so above this).

    Could you post that again? I didn't quite get the tune.

    Tin Man Alley, Oct 8, 2005
  8. anthonyberet

    mikecampbell Guest

    > It's a piece of instrumental xylophone music, quite upbeat, warming. Used
    > a lot in ads and by the BBC for some reason.
    >
    > It goes: Plonk. plonk-plonk. plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk.....
    > (that's the only bit I ever hear, except a similar refrain an octave or so
    > above this).

    Rolf harris's Styophone advert?

    mikecampbell, Oct 9, 2005
  9. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    mikecampbell wrote:
    > "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>It's a piece of instrumental xylophone music, quite upbeat, warming. Used
    >>a lot in ads and by the BBC for some reason.
    >>
    >>It goes: Plonk. plonk-plonk. plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk.....
    >>(that's the only bit I ever hear, except a similar refrain an octave or so
    >>above this).

    > Rolf harris's Styophone advert?

    no - *xylophone* ;-)

    Alright, does anyone know any xylophone music at all? - It will probably
    be it, unless Patrick Moore is involved.

    anthonyberet, Oct 9, 2005
  10. anthonyberet

    Don M. Guest

    "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message news:...

    > Alright, does anyone know any xylophone music at all?

    ==========

    "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" by Steam and "Sunday Morning" by Velvet Underground, for
    starters...

    Don

    Don M., Oct 9, 2005
  11. anthonyberet

    Clark Guest

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ilove/years/1970/toys1.shtml

    Clark, Oct 9, 2005
  12. anthonyberet

    db Guest

    "FinnTroll" <> wrote in message

    > "anthonyberet" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> It's a piece of instrumental xylophone music, quite upbeat, warming. Used
    >> a lot in ads and by the BBC for some reason.
    >>
    >> It goes: Plonk. plonk-plonk. plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk.....
    >> (that's the only bit I ever hear, except a similar refrain an octave or
    >> so above this).

    > well, I got to admit I fail to feel the rhythm, or perhaps better said, it
    > does not ring a bell :) However, I got an old demo-mpg from ATI promoting
    > their early 9700-series ... I have it in my share under the name <
    > (demo) - ATI-9700-animusic.mpg > ... you could have a look at it, if you
    > like. I guess it ain't what you're looking for, but it is a nice tune and
    > a good anime-video

    http://www.ati.com/products/workstation/demos.html (Animusic "Pipe Dream"
    demo)

    Brilliant I thought. ;)

    db, Oct 9, 2005
  13. anthonyberet

    db Guest

    > It's a piece of instrumental xylophone music, quite upbeat, warming. Used
    > a lot in ads and by the BBC for some reason.
    >
    > It goes: Plonk. plonk-plonk. plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk.....
    > (that's the only bit I ever hear, except a similar refrain an octave or so
    > above this).

    Careful, AB, that might well be copyrighted music you're sharing out there.

    db, Oct 9, 2005
  14. anthonyberet

    Bri. Guest

    In news:,
    anthonyberet typed...

    > It's a piece of instrumental xylophone music, quite upbeat, warming.
    > Used a lot in ads and by the BBC for some reason.
    >
    > It goes: Plonk. plonk-plonk. plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk.....
    > (that's the only bit I ever hear, except a similar refrain an octave
    > or so above this).

    An octave or so? Good heavens! it's amazing, the heights that some
    plonkers can achieve.

    --
    Bri.

    Bri., Oct 9, 2005
  15. anthonyberet

    Scraggy Guest

    Don M. wrote:
    > "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Alright, does anyone know any xylophone music at all?

    > ==========
    >
    > "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" by Steam and "Sunday Morning" by
    > Velvet Underground, for starters...
    >

    > Don

    Christ! I have the 45 of Steam, nicked from a jukebox in about '70 when
    someone put a beer bottle through it.
    members. Groucho Marx

    Scraggy, Oct 9, 2005
  16. "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message
    > It's a piece of instrumental xylophone music, quite upbeat, warming. Used
    > a lot in ads and by the BBC for some reason.
    >
    > It goes: Plonk. plonk-plonk. plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk.....
    > (that's the only bit I ever hear, except a similar refrain an octave or so
    > above this).

    Sound like an old Maxwell House Coffee ad.

    Timothy J Finneran, Oct 9, 2005
  17. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    Don M. wrote:
    > "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message news:...
    >
    >>Alright, does anyone know any xylophone music at all?

    > ==========
    >
    > "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" by Steam and "Sunday Morning" by Velvet Underground, for
    > starters...

    oops - no Sunday Morning has a glockenspiel - I am thinkng of a proper
    wooden xylophone - come on!...Plonk! Plonk-Plonk.
    Plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk. (plonkety).

    I'll try the steam track though, cos I like glockenspiel too.
    Thanks

    anthonyberet, Oct 9, 2005
  18. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    Clark wrote:
    > "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>mikecampbell wrote:
    >>
    >>>"anthonyberet" <> wrote in message

    >>>Rolf harris's Styophone advert?

    >>no - *xylophone* ;-)
    >>
    >>Alright, does anyone know any xylophone music at all? - It will probably
    >>be it, unless Patrick Moore is involved.

    > http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ilove/years/1970/toys1.shtml

    Not a Stylophone, or a glockenspiel, a *xylophone* JFC!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xylophone
    (incidentally, I will be trying everything listed in that wikipedia article)

    anthonyberet, Oct 9, 2005
  19. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    db wrote:
    > "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>It's a piece of instrumental xylophone music, quite upbeat, warming. Used
    >>a lot in ads and by the BBC for some reason.
    >>
    >>It goes: Plonk. plonk-plonk. plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk.....
    >>(that's the only bit I ever hear, except a similar refrain an octave or so
    >>above this).

    > Careful, AB, that might well be copyrighted music you're sharing out there.

    Am not sharing it currently db ;-)

    anthonyberet, Oct 9, 2005
  20. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    Bri. wrote:
    > In news:,
    > anthonyberet typed...
    >

    >>It's a piece of instrumental xylophone music, quite upbeat, warming.
    >>Used a lot in ads and by the BBC for some reason.
    >>
    >>It goes: Plonk. plonk-plonk. plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk-plonk.....
    >>(that's the only bit I ever hear, except a similar refrain an octave
    >>or so above this).

    > An octave or so? Good heavens! it's amazing, the heights that some
    > plonkers can achieve.

    weeeell...I am afraid my technical knowledge of music is rather limited.
    - It is my only failing though, so I try not to worry about it.

    anthonyberet, Oct 9, 2005