    Describes it as a Military Marching Song, Probably American as some of the
    Lyrics name all of the United States.

    Any help would be most appreciated.
    BIG NIGE, Jun 8, 2005

  2. BIG NIGE

    Jimbo Guest

    Maybe it is "What Did Delaware" Sung by Perry Como amongst others...

    Jimbo, Jun 8, 2005

  3. BIG NIGE

    Jimbo Guest

    Try here: http://lyrical.nl/song/15678

    Jimbo, Jun 8, 2005
  4. BIG NIGE

    BIG NIGE Guest

    Thanks for the Info Jimbo but I think it is more a case of the fact that
    ALL of the states are named probably one after the other

    BIG NIGE, Jun 8, 2005
  5. BIG NIGE

    Ferdinand Guest

    You're Welcome...

    Ferdinand, Jun 8, 2005
  6. BIG NIGE

    My 2¢ Guest

    "I've been Everywhere" by Hank Snow????????

    My 2¢, Jun 8, 2005
  7. BIG NIGE

    My 2¢ Guest

    I was totin' my pack along a dusty Winnemucca road
    When along came a semi with a high canvas covered load
    "If you're going to Winnemucca, Mac with me you can ride."
    So I climbed into the cab and then I settled down inside
    He asked me if I'd seen a road with so much dust and sand
    And I said, [break] "Listen, Bud I've traveled every road in this here
    land."

    (Chorus)
    I've been everywhere, man, I've been everywhere, man
    'Cross the deserts bare, man, I've breathed the mountain air, man
    Of travel, I've had my share, man, I've been everywhere.

    I been to Reno, Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota, Buffalo, Toronto, Winslow,
    Sarasota,
    Wichita, Tulsa, Ottawa, Oklahoma, Tampa, Panama, Mattawa, La Paloma,
    Bangor, Baltimore, Salvador, Amarillo, Tocopilla, Barranquilla, and
    Padilla, I'm a killer. (to chorus)

    Boston, Charleston, Dayton, Louisiana, Washington, Houston, Kingston,
    Texarkana,
    Monterey, Ferraday, Santa Fe, Tallapoosa, Glen Rock, Black Rock, Little
    Rock, Oskaloosa,
    Tennessee, Hennessey, Chicopee, Spirit Lake, Grand Lake, Devil Lake,
    Crater Lake, for Pete's sake; (to Chorus)

    Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville, Ombabika, Shefferville, Jacksonville,
    Waterville, Costa Rica,
    Pittsfield, Springfield, Bakersfield, Shreveport, Hackensack, Cadillac,
    Fond Du Lac, Davenport,
    Idaho, Jellicoe, Pickle Cros, Argentina, Diamontina, Pasadena, Catalina,
    see what I mean, (to next verse)

    Pittsburgh, Parkersburg, Gravellburg, Colorado, Ellensburg, Rexburg,
    Vicksburg, Eldorado,
    Larrimore, Atmore, Haverstraw, Chattanika, Chaska, Nebraska, Alaska,
    Opelika,
    Baraboo, Waterloo, Kalamazoo, Kansas City, Sioux City, Cedar City, Dodge
    City, what a pity;

    My 2¢, Jun 8, 2005
  8. BIG NIGE

    BIG NIGE Guest

    This looks more like it may be what he is looking for I will let you know
    later this week if it is. Many thanks My 2¢

    BIG NIGE, Jun 8, 2005
  9. BIG NIGE

    Kenny Guest

    Johnny Cash did a song which named all the US states but I'm afraid I don't
    know the name of it, just heard it on local radio.

    --

    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Jun 8, 2005
  10. BIG NIGE

    Old Gringo Guest

    http://www.mrsjones.org/songs/50states.html

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Old Gringo, Jun 8, 2005
  11. BIG NIGE

    BIG NIGE Guest

    Johnny cash also recorded "Ive Been everywhere" which may be the one you are
    thinking of.

    BIG NIGE, Jun 8, 2005
  12. BIG NIGE wrote:

    > Thanks for the Info Jimbo but I think it is more a case of the fact that
    > ALL of the states are named probably one after the other

    I dunno what it is, but it certainly sounds boring. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 9, 2005
  13. BIG NIGE

    BIG NIGE Guest

    You could be right there !!!!!!!!!!!!

    BIG NIGE, Jun 9, 2005
  14. BIG NIGE

    me Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > BIG NIGE wrote:
    >> I have been talking to someone today that asked me if I had heard of a
    >> particular song from the 50s.
    >> I told him that I hadnt a clue but that someone on here might do.
    >>
    >> He doesnt know the title or the artist BUT,
    >> Describes it as a Military Marching Song, Probably American as some of
    >> the
    >> Lyrics name all of the United States.
    >>
    >> Any help would be most appreciated.

    Isn't that the one that they play on a TV commercial? I thik its a Motel
    chain like Best Western or something
    me, Jun 9, 2005
  15. BIG NIGE

    Dave Croft Guest

    "BIG NIGE" <> wrote in message news:GEIpe.1955$...
    > I have been talking to someone today that asked me if I had heard of a
    > particular song from the 50s.
    > I told him that I hadnt a clue but that someone on here might do.
    > He doesnt know the title or the artist BUT,
    > Describes it as a Military Marching Song, Probably American as some of the
    > Lyrics name all of the United States.
    > Any help would be most appreciated.

    Could this be the scouts campfire song.
    "What did Delaware Boys?"
    It uses a lot of the US States. Author unknown.
    Just type the title into Google.
    --
    Dave Croft
    Warrington
    Dave Croft, Jun 9, 2005
  16. BIG NIGE

    Old Gringo Guest

    me wrote:
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>BIG NIGE wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have been talking to someone today that asked me if I had heard of a
    >>>particular song from the 50s.
    >>>I told him that I hadnt a clue but that someone on here might do.
    >>>
    >>>He doesnt know the title or the artist BUT,
    >>>Describes it as a Military Marching Song, Probably American as some of
    >>>the
    >>>Lyrics name all of the United States.
    >>>
    >>>Any help would be most appreciated.
    >>>

    > Isn't that the one that they play on a TV commercial? I thik its a Motel
    > chain like Best Western or something

    Not sure of that as I don't watch enough TV to remember the commercials.

    Old Gringo, Jun 9, 2005
  17. BIG NIGE

    BIG NIGE Guest

    I wouldnt know about US TV commercials as im in thr UK.

    BIG NIGE, Jun 9, 2005