    and who sings it?

    --

    Kenny
    Kenny, Aug 19, 2004

  2. Kenny

    Ionizer Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My grandaughter is driving me crazy with that song from the Coke ad, the

    one
    > where the black girl is walking down the street giving out bottles of

    coke
    > and singing at the same time. Please someone tell me the name of the

    song
    > and who sings it?

    I don't know the ad, but if you put a specific phrase from the song
    "within quotes" into a Google search, you may find what it is. As an
    aside, I'd recommend having a pop-up blocker running while you conduct
    your search, and perhaps even using something other than IE. For some
    reason, many lyrics sites seem to feature lots of pop-ups and attempted
    software installs.

    Regards,
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Aug 19, 2004

  3. Kenny

    Smirnoff Guest

    Dr Hackenbush wrote:
    > "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    >> My grandaughter is driving me crazy with that song from the Coke ad,
    >> the one where the black girl is walking down the street giving out
    >> bottles of coke and singing at the same time. Please someone tell
    >> me the name of the song and who sings it?
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Kenny
    >>

    > Could it be The Detroit Cobras - Cha Cha Twist ?

    Do you mean like in the Hamlet cigar advert?
    Smirnoff, Aug 19, 2004
  4. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Thanks for the reply but it's not that one. This is a solo female singer,
    sounds black, not sure if the girl in the ad is actually singing it herself
    or miming it. Have tried Googling for Coke ad songs but got nowhere.

    --

    Kenny

    "Dr Hackenbush" <> wrote in
    message news:3t%Uc.178$...

    Kenny, Aug 19, 2004
  5. Kenny

    SwissTony Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the reply but it's not that one. This is a solo female singer,
    > sounds black, not sure if the girl in the ad is actually singing it
    > herself
    > or miming it. Have tried Googling for Coke ad songs but got nowhere.

    These websites are pretty good for advert tunes.
    http://www.commercialbreaksandbeats.co.uk/
    http://www.songofthesalesman.co.uk/

    The song is I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free
    By Sharlene Hector

    It was also done by lighthouse family. Lyrics are here

    http://www.lyricscafe.com/l/lighthouse_family/iwishiknewhowitwouldfeeltobefree.html
    SwissTony, Aug 19, 2004

    Dr Hackenbush, Aug 19, 2004
  7. Kenny

    GMS Guest

    "Too drunk to ****" - Dead Kennedys
    GMS, Aug 19, 2004
  8. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    That's the one, "I Wish" by Sharlene Hector and originally recorded by Nina
    Simone. My grandaughter is only 3 but runs to the TV when this comes on and
    tries to sing it! Now to see if I can find it on CD or dare I say it
    download it somewhere. Many thanks.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Aug 19, 2004

    Zank The Plank, Aug 19, 2004
  10. Great answer Ian. Hell google is trying to sell to all of us. Damn nice
    change for Yahoo. Gog buy some google stock now!

    JeffinSmithville, Aug 20, 2004
  11. Check out this site
    http://www.songofthesalesman.co.uk/ad.aspx?let=C

    Philip Davies, Aug 22, 2004