Name that tune! (just for fun)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by anthonyberet, Apr 18, 2004.

  1. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    I love you I love you Oh yes I love you - Me either -
    Oh my love - As the irresolute wave I go,
    I go and I come Between your kidneys
    I go and I come Between your kidneys
    And I retain myself -

    I love you I love you Oh yes I love you - to Me either -
    Oh my love You are the wave,
    and I the naked island.
    You go, you go and you come Between my kidneys
    You go and you come Between my kidneys
    And I join you -

    I love you I love you Oh yes I love you - Me either -
    Oh my love - physical love is without exit.
    I go I go and I come Between your kidneys
    I go and I come I retain myself - Not!
    now come...

    (Courtesy of Google Translate)

    anthonyberet, Apr 18, 2004

  2. Je T'aime Mon Non Plus - Jane Birkin
    (In English)

    What ddi I win?

    --
    Dancetime DJ Services
    Weddings - Private Parties - Banquets - Karaoke

    Dancetime DJ Services, Apr 18, 2004

  3. anthonyberet

    JR Guest

    sick stuff..... :)

    JR

    JR, Apr 18, 2004
  4. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    Dancetime DJ Services wrote:
    > Je T'aime Mon Non Plus - Jane Birkin
    > (In English)
    >
    > What ddi I win?

    The satisfaction of knowing too much about kidneys...
    Its a bit rude isn't it?
    No wonder the BBC banned it..

    anthonyberet, Apr 18, 2004
  5. The Pope ban it the year it came out, about 69, and it was never
    intended for literal translation. Roughly translated, it is just about
    two people making love. Literally translated, it sounds more like
    surgery.

    Dancetime DJ Services, Apr 19, 2004
  6. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    Dancetime DJ Services wrote:
    > The Pope ban it the year it came out, about 69, and it was never
    > intended for literal translation. Roughly translated, it is just about
    > two people making love. Literally translated, it sounds more like
    > surgery.

    Curiously enough, not many songs are written to be literally translated ;-)
    -I wonder what the English equivalent of "coming between your kidneys" is
    though?

    anthonyberet, Apr 19, 2004
  7. anthonyberet

    Rob K Guest

    anthonyberet wrote:

    > Curiously enough, not many songs are written to be literally translated ;-)
    > -I wonder what the English equivalent of "coming between your kidneys" is
    > though?

    IIRC !!!! Uncertain about the English equivalent- you Brits don't have
    the reputation of being the world's best lovers - a man with his erect
    you know what between breasts ... etc.

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:

    Rob K, Apr 19, 2004
  8. anthonyberet

    Bryan Guest

    Rob K wrote:
    > anthonyberet wrote:
    >
    >> Curiously enough, not many songs are written to be literally
    >> translated ;-) -I wonder what the English equivalent of "coming
    >> between your kidneys" is though?

    > IIRC !!!! Uncertain about the English equivalent- you Brits don't have
    > the reputation of being the world's best lovers - a man with his erect
    > you know what between breasts ... etc.

    Ahhh! Pearl necklaces!
    (Welcome back)
    ;)

    Bryan, Apr 19, 2004
  9. anthonyberet

    Rob K Guest

    Bryan a pensé très fort :

    > Ahhh! Pearl necklaces!
    > (Welcome back)
    > ;)

    Tx Bry, I knew I could count on you ;)

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:

    Rob K, Apr 19, 2004
  10. On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 01:04:29 +0100, "anthonyberet"
    <> wrote:

    >Dancetime DJ Services wrote:
    >> The Pope ban it the year it came out, about 69, and it was never
    >> intended for literal translation. Roughly translated, it is just about
    >> two people making love. Literally translated, it sounds more like
    >> surgery.
    >>

    >Curiously enough, not many songs are written to be literally translated ;-)
    >-I wonder what the English equivalent of "coming between your kidneys" is
    >though?

    Did you know that "She takes it up the arse" can be sung as lyrics to
    ANY tune? I was told this by a respected performer of classical
    music after a performance this evening. He then proceeded to prove
    the point. At length.

    Laurence Payne, Apr 19, 2004
  11. anthonyberet

    Billy Joe Guest

    anthonyberet wrote:
    > Dancetime DJ Services wrote:
    >> The Pope ban it the year it came out, about 69, and it was
    >> never intended for literal translation. Roughly translated,
    >> it is just about two people making love. Literally
    >> translated, it sounds more like surgery.
    >>

    > Curiously enough, not many songs are written to be literally
    > translated ;-) -I wonder what the English equivalent of
    > "coming between your kidneys" is though?

    There is no longer room betwixt mine for such folly, my liver is
    in the way ;-0)

    Surely the fault lies in the translation, but then again it just
    might have been the author's intent??? Or another possibilty,
    he or she didn't speak the language in which the song was
    sung???

    My first wife's name was Rosemary. How do you think I
    interpreted "Love grows where my Rosemary goes" ???

    BJ

    Billy Joe, Apr 19, 2004
  12. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    Billy Joe wrote:
    > anthonyberet wrote:
    >> Dancetime DJ Services wrote:
    >>> The Pope ban it the year it came out, about 69, and it was
    >>> never intended for literal translation. Roughly translated,
    >>> it is just about two people making love. Literally
    >>> translated, it sounds more like surgery.
    >>>

    >> Curiously enough, not many songs are written to be literally
    >> translated ;-) -I wonder what the English equivalent of
    >> "coming between your kidneys" is though?

    > Surely the fault lies in the translation, but then again it just
    > might have been the author's intent??? Or another possibilty,
    > he or she didn't speak the language in which the song was
    > sung???

    It was written by Serge Gainsbourg, who undoubtedly wasn't too bothered that
    it made sense to the English. The most common version was sung with Jane
    Birkin, and is a very beautiful tune, if a little weakend by association
    with comedy and advertising.
    There is an even more idiosnycratic version recorded with Brigitte Bardot -
    check it out if you have time.

    anthonyberet, Apr 19, 2004
  13. anthonyberet

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with the aim of lowering tone below 'Limbo Level Mk1' Rob K decided
    it was time to make his re-entrance with this typically smutty response to a
    previously clean(ish) thread:

    > anthonyberet wrote:
    >
    >> Curiously enough, not many songs are written to be literally
    >> translated ;-) -I wonder what the English equivalent of "coming
    >> between your kidneys" is though?

    > IIRC !!!! Uncertain about the English equivalent- you Brits don't have
    > the reputation of being the world's best lovers - a man with his erect
    > you know what between breasts ... etc.

    You just /had/ to start talking dirty, didn't you ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Apr 19, 2004
  14. anthonyberet

    Billy Joe Guest

    anthonyberet wrote:
    > Billy Joe wrote:
    >> anthonyberet wrote:
    >>>>
    >>> Curiously enough, not many songs are written to be literally
    >>> translated ;-) -I wonder what the English equivalent of
    >>> "coming between your kidneys" is though?

    >> Surely the fault lies in the translation, but then again it
    >> just
    >> might have been the author's intent??? Or another
    >> possibilty,
    >> he or she didn't speak the language in which the song was
    >> sung???
    >>

    > It was written by Serge Gainsbourg, who undoubtedly wasn't
    > too bothered that it made sense to the English. The most
    > common version was sung with Jane Birkin, and is a very
    > beautiful tune, if a little weakend by association with
    > comedy and advertising.
    > There is an even more idiosnycratic version recorded with
    > Brigitte Bardot - check it out if you have time.

    Thank you and Don M. for your contributions to my enlightenment.

    BJ

    Billy Joe, Apr 19, 2004
  15. anthonyberet

    Geekly Guest

    Who the **** is the pope that he gets to ban songs? **** the pope.

    G.

    Geekly, May 8, 2004
  16. anthonyberet

    nospam Guest

    On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:50:54 -0700, "Billy Joe" <>
    wrote:

    >My first wife's name was Rosemary. How do you think I
    >interpreted "Love grows where my Rosemary goes" ???
    >
    >BJ

    I know the tune, love grow by edison lighthouse. well, i have never
    thought about the lyrics till i see it in writing.... how about this
    one by mick jagger/stone/honky tonk woman:
    she blew my nose then blew my mind?

    bunanson

    nospam, May 17, 2004
  17. On Mon, 17 May 2004 04:05:32 GMT, bunanson(nospam)@yahoo.com
    (bunanson) wrote:

    >I know the tune, love grow by edison lighthouse.

    Barry mason, who wrote the words, tells how this studio recording
    became an unexpected instant hit. The musicians who recorded it were
    too old and ugly to go on "Top of The Pops", the UK chart TV show
    which, at that time, insisted on the appearance at least of a live
    performance. So some trendy characters were hastily recruited.

    "Edison Lighthouse" was of course a mishearing of "Eddystone
    Lighthouse". No-one bothered to correct it.

    Laurence Payne, May 17, 2004