    generally pretty good at online searches, but this one has utterly defeated
    me. For the record, what in *hell* is the official, Amazon-friendly name of
    that box??

    G. M. Watson, Mar 17, 2005

  2. G. M. Watson

    P Pron Guest

    G. M. Watson wrote:
    > I've been trying for the past 10 minutes to find the new Warners
    > comedy box set-- the one that includes "Bringing up Baby"-- on
    > Amazon, with no results. I've tried "Warner comedy", classic
    > comedies", "comedy classics" and multiple variations thereof.
    > Amazon's often undependable search engine has been steering me toward
    > everything from a John Wayne box to "Meet John Doe" to a collection
    > of Ealing comedies (a serendipitous find, actually).I'm generally
    > pretty good at online searches, but this one has utterly defeated me.
    > For the record, what in *hell* is the official, Amazon-friendly name
    > of that box??

    You've set a challenge!

    No trace of it on Amazon.com at the moment, but it seems to have been
    there....

    Googling produced an Amazon link, which was broken. But the Google cached
    version of the unavailable Amazon page is at
    http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cach...arner classic comedy box dvd&hl=en&lr=lang_en

    The box is called " Classic Comedies Collection (Bringing Up Baby / The
    Philadelphia Story Two-Disc Special Edition / Dinner at Eight / Libeled Lady
    / Stage Door / To Be or Not to Be) (1938) "

    paul

    P Pron, Mar 17, 2005

  3. On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:02:08 -0800, "G. M. Watson"
    <> wrote:

    >I've been trying for the past 10 minutes to find the new Warners comedy box
    >set-- the one that includes "Bringing up Baby"-- on Amazon, with no results.
    >I've tried "Warner comedy", classic comedies", "comedy classics" and
    >multiple variations thereof. Amazon's often undependable search engine has
    >been steering me toward everything from a John Wayne box to "Meet John Doe"
    >to a collection of Ealing comedies (a serendipitous find, actually).I'm
    >generally pretty good at online searches, but this one has utterly defeated
    >me. For the record, what in *hell* is the official, Amazon-friendly name of
    >that box??

    Classic Comedies Collection. I got mine from Amazon.com and I must
    say it's one of the best things Warner ever put out. It's no longer
    available anywhere. Unless someone can find it?

    ... Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Mar 17, 2005
  4. G. M. Watson

    Dave Garrett Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:02:08 -0800, "G. M. Watson"
    > <> wrote:

    > >I've been trying for the past 10 minutes to find the new Warners comedy box
    > >set-- the one that includes "Bringing up Baby"-- on Amazon, with no results.
    > >I've tried "Warner comedy", classic comedies", "comedy classics" and
    > >multiple variations thereof. Amazon's often undependable search engine has
    > >been steering me toward everything from a John Wayne box to "Meet John Doe"
    > >to a collection of Ealing comedies (a serendipitous find, actually).I'm
    > >generally pretty good at online searches, but this one has utterly defeated
    > >me. For the record, what in *hell* is the official, Amazon-friendly name of
    > >that box??

    > Classic Comedies Collection. I got mine from Amazon.com and I must
    > say it's one of the best things Warner ever put out. It's no longer
    > available anywhere. Unless someone can find it?

    That is weird - it seems to have vanished from Amazon. I preordered it
    there several months ago and received my copy a week or so ago.

    But it's still available at Deep Discount DVD:

    http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemid=WBD069736

    Dave

    Dave Garrett, Mar 17, 2005
  5. G. M. Watson

    Joe McC Guest

    "Steve(JazzHunter)" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:02:08 -0800, "G. M. Watson"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I've been trying for the past 10 minutes to find the new Warners comedy
    >>box
    >>set-- the one that includes "Bringing up Baby"-- on Amazon, with no
    >>results.
    >>I've tried "Warner comedy", classic comedies", "comedy classics" and
    >>multiple variations thereof. Amazon's often undependable search engine has
    >>been steering me toward everything from a John Wayne box to "Meet John
    >>Doe"
    >>to a collection of Ealing comedies (a serendipitous find, actually).I'm
    >>generally pretty good at online searches, but this one has utterly
    >>defeated
    >>me. For the record, what in *hell* is the official, Amazon-friendly name
    >>of
    >>that box??

    > Classic Comedies Collection. I got mine from Amazon.com and I must
    > say it's one of the best things Warner ever put out. It's no longer
    > available anywhere. Unless someone can find it?
    >
    > .. Steve ..

    The box set is considerably cheaper than buying the individual movies.
    Amazon are being naughty.

    They did the same with the Warners Gangster Collection too.

    Joe McC, Mar 18, 2005
  6. G. M. Watson

    Bill Coleman Guest

    "Dave Garrett" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:02:08 -0800, "G. M. Watson"
    >> <> wrote:

    >> >I've been trying for the past 10 minutes to find the new Warners comedy
    >> >box
    >> >set-- the one that includes "Bringing up Baby"-- on Amazon, with no
    >> >results.
    >> >I've tried "Warner comedy", classic comedies", "comedy classics" and
    >> >multiple variations thereof. Amazon's often undependable search engine
    >> >has
    >> >been steering me toward everything from a John Wayne box to "Meet John
    >> >Doe"
    >> >to a collection of Ealing comedies (a serendipitous find, actually).I'm
    >> >generally pretty good at online searches, but this one has utterly
    >> >defeated
    >> >me. For the record, what in *hell* is the official, Amazon-friendly name
    >> >of
    >> >that box??

    >> Classic Comedies Collection. I got mine from Amazon.com and I must
    >> say it's one of the best things Warner ever put out. It's no longer
    >> available anywhere. Unless someone can find it?

    > That is weird - it seems to have vanished from Amazon. I preordered it
    > there several months ago and received my copy a week or so ago.
    >
    > But it's still available at Deep Discount DVD:
    >
    > http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemid=WBD069736
    >
    > Dave

    Also at CD/Video Universe:
    http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=6816207&cart=236179921

    Bill Coleman

    Bill Coleman, Mar 18, 2005
  7. G. M. Watson

    Marion Guest

    I got mine at Sams Club at a good price.

    Marion, Mar 18, 2005
  8. In article <>,
    Steve(JazzHunter) <> wrote:
    >On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:02:08 -0800, "G. M. Watson"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I've been trying for the past 10 minutes to find the new Warners comedy box
    >>set-- the one that includes "Bringing up Baby"-- on Amazon, with no results.
    >>I've tried "Warner comedy", classic comedies", "comedy classics" and
    >>multiple variations thereof. Amazon's often undependable search engine has
    >>been steering me toward everything from a John Wayne box to "Meet John Doe"
    >>to a collection of Ealing comedies (a serendipitous find, actually).I'm
    >>generally pretty good at online searches, but this one has utterly defeated
    >>me. For the record, what in *hell* is the official, Amazon-friendly name of
    >>that box??

    >Classic Comedies Collection. I got mine from Amazon.com and I must
    >say it's one of the best things Warner ever put out. It's no longer
    >available anywhere. Unless someone can find it?

    I saw it at Sam's last week.

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

    Bill Vermillion, Mar 19, 2005
  9. G. M. Watson

    jayembee Guest

    (Bill Vermillion) wrote:

    >> Classic Comedies Collection. I got mine from Amazon.com and I must
    >> say it's one of the best things Warner ever put out. It's no longer
    >> available anywhere. Unless someone can find it?

    > I saw it at Sam's last week.

    I picked up my copy the week of it's release at BJ's Wholesale Club
    for, if memory serves, $45. Seems to me I saw other copies at BJ's
    just the other night.

    (For some reason, neither BJ's nor Costco seemed to get in the Classic
    Musicals Collection, though both had the individual releases of EASTER
    PARADE and THE BAND WAGON.)

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Mar 20, 2005