    counterpart. For that matter, what's the name of this type
    of power connector with three flat pins, male or female ?
    , Aug 1, 2006

  2. Fred Guest

    wrote:
    > What is the proper name of the power cord that's sometimes
    > used when AC power for the monitor is taken from the
    > computer's PSU box ? Power goes into the PSU via a male
    > 3-pin connector, and the monitor is supplied via a female
    > counterpart. For that matter, what's the name of this type
    > of power connector with three flat pins, male or female ?

    IEC male to female
    Fred, Aug 1, 2006

  3. Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-08-01, <> wrote:
    > What is the proper name of the power cord that's sometimes
    > used when AC power for the monitor is taken from the
    > computer's PSU box ? Power goes into the PSU via a male
    > 3-pin connector, and the monitor is supplied via a female
    > counterpart. For that matter, what's the name of this type
    > of power connector with three flat pins, male or female ?

    IEC 320 like this <http://www.olson.co.uk/iec_select.htm>?

    Here in the UK they are sometimes referred to as 'Euro plugs' or 'kettle
    plugs'.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Aug 1, 2006
  4. Guest

    Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2006-08-01, <> wrote:
    > > What is the proper name of the power cord that's sometimes
    > > used when AC power for the monitor is taken from the
    > > computer's PSU box ? Power goes into the PSU via a male
    > > 3-pin connector, and the monitor is supplied via a female
    > > counterpart. For that matter, what's the name of this type
    > > of power connector with three flat pins, male or female ?

    > IEC 320 like this <http://www.olson.co.uk/iec_select.htm>?
    >
    > Here in the UK they are sometimes referred to as 'Euro plugs' or 'kettle
    > plugs'.

    Thanks, Fred and Whiskers.
    , Aug 1, 2006
  5. Toolman Tim Guest

    wrote:
    > What is the proper name of the power cord that's sometimes
    > used when AC power for the monitor is taken from the
    > computer's PSU box ? Power goes into the PSU via a male
    > 3-pin connector, and the monitor is supplied via a female
    > counterpart. For that matter, what's the name of this type
    > of power connector with three flat pins, male or female ?

    http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchdetail.asp?productID=618

    And here's some interesting substitutes:
    http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchdetail.asp?productID=12696
    http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchdetail.asp?productID=8224
    http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchdetail.asp?productID=762

    Toolman Tim, Aug 1, 2006
  6. why? Guest

    On 1 Aug 2006 08:03:00 -0700, wrote:

    >Whiskers wrote:
    >> On 2006-08-01, <> wrote:
    >> > What is the proper name of the power cord that's sometimes
    >> > used when AC power for the monitor is taken from the
    >> > computer's PSU box ? Power goes into the PSU via a male
    >> > 3-pin connector, and the monitor is supplied via a female
    >> > counterpart. For that matter, what's the name of this type
    >> > of power connector with three flat pins, male or female ?

    Some call that type of lead by, hot-cold IEC cable, due to the F-M but
    it's a long time since I heard that.

    or

    IEC Plug and Socket Cord
    Moulded, high quality, IEC-320 type C13 plug to type C14 socket cable
    assembly.
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/300/1171i0.jpg

    or

    power extension cable

    It's the C13 plug / C14 skt.

    >> IEC 320 like this <http://www.olson.co.uk/iec_select.htm>?
    >>
    >> Here in the UK they are sometimes referred to as 'Euro plugs' or 'kettle
    >> plugs'.
    >>

    >Thanks, Fred and Whiskers.

    Euro leads / plugs, but not a kettle plug, that is IEC F to well a plug
    like -

    Hot Condition Euro Line Socket
    IEC-320 C15: a rewireable mains hot condition power line socket with
    cord grip and strain relief, commonly referred to as a kettle plug, that
    mates with IEC-320 C16 plugs. Rated 10A 250Vac

    This usually has a cutout in the socket, it's hard to see
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/300/42706i0.jpg
    unlike the images on
    http://www.olson.co.uk/iec_select.htm
    a better C16 diagram is