Name/Handle Change - Was M Mullen

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Trax, Dec 31, 2003.

  1. Trax

    Trax Guest

    Seeing as I'm posting the heck out of this group lately, explain a name change.
    I'm taking my old handle back! I've been online for a long time, but mostly
    BBS's running them as well as abusing em (downloads). I've always been known as
    Trax when online, the only exception being the internet.

    http://www24.pair.com/glyptica/LAMWeb/Pics/port.jpg
    I found this a few weeks ago, It's posted as art, I don't see it.
    The little one I've always claimed cost me $250 the price of a 2400 baud modem;
    And how I met his mom.

    The internet was a different breed when I started, one used first initial last
    name as a Logon and there was no spam, it worked out very well.

    BG (before Gore) Internet access was a privilege; one worked for the Government,
    was a student, hacked, incurred obscene long distance charges, or found someone
    who would give you their password to get on. It was hit or miss alot and most of
    the time it was Fidonet and be happy to get that. One went by the accepted
    rules.

    Times have changed, yet old habits are hard to break. I finally munged my E-mail
    address due to the worms, might as well go the whole way, while it's not
    important enough to contact my ISP and change my E-mail address, I am getting
    rid of this M Mullen crap. People here refer to me as M Mullen and it's like
    "who the F#@k" to me, never cared for it.

    Just thought I'd pass this on and kill some time in the process...
    --
    ,,
    ( "> w

    Trax, Dec 31, 2003

  2. Trax

    Boomer Guest

    Trax <> wrote in

    > Seeing as I'm posting the heck out of this group lately, explain a
    > name change. I'm taking my old handle back! I've been online for a
    > long time, but mostly BBS's running them as well as abusing em
    > (downloads). I've always been known as Trax when online, the only
    > exception being the internet.
    >
    > http://www24.pair.com/glyptica/LAMWeb/Pics/port.jpg
    > I found this a few weeks ago, It's posted as art, I don't see it.
    > The little one I've always claimed cost me $250 the price of a
    > 2400 baud modem; And how I met his mom.
    >
    > The internet was a different breed when I started, one used first
    > initial last name as a Logon and there was no spam, it worked out
    > very well.
    >
    > BG (before Gore) Internet access was a privilege; one worked for
    > the Government, was a student, hacked, incurred obscene long
    > distance charges, or found someone who would give you their
    > password to get on. It was hit or miss alot and most of the time
    > it was Fidonet and be happy to get that. One went by the accepted
    > rules.
    >
    > Times have changed, yet old habits are hard to break. I finally
    > munged my E-mail address due to the worms, might as well go the
    > whole way, while it's not important enough to contact my ISP and
    > change my E-mail address, I am getting rid of this M Mullen crap.
    > People here refer to me as M Mullen and it's like "who the F#@k"
    > to me, never cared for it.
    >
    > Just thought I'd pass this on and kill some time in the process...

    Thanks, Trax. :)

    Boomer, Dec 31, 2003

  3. Trax

    Sano Guest

    Trax <> spluttered in

    > Seeing as I'm posting the heck out of this group lately, explain a
    > name change. I'm taking my old handle back! I've been online for a
    > long time, but mostly BBS's running them as well as abusing em
    > (downloads). I've always been known as Trax when online, the only
    > exception being the internet.
    >
    > http://www24.pair.com/glyptica/LAMWeb/Pics/port.jpg
    > I found this a few weeks ago, It's posted as art, I don't see it.
    > The little one I've always claimed cost me $250 the price of a 2400
    > baud modem; And how I met his mom.
    >
    > The internet was a different breed when I started, one used first
    > initial last name as a Logon and there was no spam, it worked out
    > very well.
    >
    > BG (before Gore) Internet access was a privilege; one worked for the
    > Government, was a student, hacked, incurred obscene long distance
    > charges, or found someone who would give you their password to get
    > on. It was hit or miss alot and most of the time it was Fidonet and
    > be happy to get that. One went by the accepted rules.
    >
    > Times have changed, yet old habits are hard to break. I finally
    > munged my E-mail address due to the worms, might as well go the whole
    > way, while it's not important enough to contact my ISP and change my
    > E-mail address, I am getting rid of this M Mullen crap. People here
    > refer to me as M Mullen and it's like "who the F#@k" to me, never
    > cared for it.
    >
    > Just thought I'd pass this on and kill some time in the process...

    C00L breeze Trax! ;-) I started with W98 and an eMachine.

    Ya got a cute squirt there. <g>

    --
    If a computer won't do what needs to be done, lie to it.
    Don't try this trick on people.

    Sano, Dec 31, 2003