    subnet address?

    what is happening is that I got only two external Wan ports to work with
    cisco1811, and I need another wan or two

    gg, Jan 15, 2007

  2. In article <d2Dqh.149511$YV4.81619@edtnps89>, gg <> wrote:
    >for IONS, is it possible to route traffic based on TCP port number say 123
    >to say FE3 to which is attached a firewall gateway with different network or
    >subnet address?

    It depends upon the IOS version and hardware involved, but what you
    are talking about appears to be what Cisco calls "Policy Based Routing"
    (PBR), which is available on a wide variety of platforms and software
    versions.

    I am not certain from what you wrote whether you need the destination
    address to be changed along the way, or if you just need to route
    the packets selectively and the next hop will take care of the delivery.
    Selective Port Address Translation (PAT) is possible, but generally
    speaking it needs newer software versions than PBR does.

    >what is happening is that I got only two external Wan ports to work with
    >cisco1811, and I need another wan or two

    If your requirement is to have additional public address blocks, then
    you can arrange with your ISP to deliver traffic for those new blocks
    to you over one of the existing WAN port. If, though, your requirement
    is to more WAN hardware connections (e.g., a third T1 line) then
    matters may become more difficult.

    Walter Roberson, Jan 15, 2007

  3. gg

    GG Guest

    thank you very much for your answers
    the 18111/k9 IOS is the latest 14.4(6)T

    I am still researching on the Exchange Non Delivery Report traffic. I think
    the end delivery address does need to change.
    I do expect the L2 router firewall to translate (Nat) the inside address to
    appropriately to use the external IP of the L2 router Firewall connected to
    FE3. Is that L2 router firewall what you call next hop?

    GG, Jan 17, 2007