    Windows XP home edition
    HP pavilion
    pentium 4 2.4 ghz

    graham, Jan 15, 2005

  2. graham

    Damian Guest

    graham wrote:
    > Anyone know how to stop the auto complete nag box from popping up
    > every 30 mins or so ( apart from clicking yes ) as I don't want to
    > use it.

    Turn it off in Internet Options.

    Damian, Jan 15, 2005

  3. graham

    graham Guest

    There is no option to turn off the nag box, only to turn autocomplete on or
    off,Its always been off but I'm constantly asked do I want to use
    autocomplete.

    graham, Jan 15, 2005
  4. graham

    SwissTony Guest

    http://www.andyrathbone.com/tips/autocomplete.html

    SwissTony, Jan 16, 2005
  5. graham

    graham Guest

    Thanx but that still only tells me how to turn off autocomplete and I want
    to turn off the annoying nagbox the pops up asking me do I want to use
    autocomplete.

    graham, Jan 16, 2005
  6. graham

    nogeekatall Guest

    "graham" <> wrote in message
    > Thanx but that still only tells me how to turn off autocomplete and I want
    > to turn off the annoying nagbox the pops up asking me do I want to use
    > autocomplete.

    start, run type in regedit, press ok. navigate to the following key:
    hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explore\autocomplete

    here you should see name:autosuggest, type:reg_sz, data:yes. set the data
    value to no

    next, while still in regedit, navigate to
    hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\internet
    explorer\advancedoptions\browse\autoappend

    set the "checked value" data field to no.

    there are also some values for outlook express and media player that use
    autocomplete in the registry. if you want to change all of the values to 0
    (turns them off) in regedit, click on edit, find and type in autocomplete
    then press find next. any data values that are 1, set to 0, any that are set
    to yes, set to no. after the system finds the first value press the f3 key
    to have it continue searching.

    nogeekatall, Jan 16, 2005