    is an older (cheaper) Sony single-disc player. Is there something
    wrong with the NAD?

    Ray

    Ray Donahue, Jan 25, 2004

  2. >I was watching the Bruce Springsteen "Live in Barcelona" DVD last
    >night and when I put in the second disk, I was unable to select
    >anything from the DVD menu.

    the only thing I
    >was able to do was play the disc by hitting the Play button on my
    >remote.

    I put the same disc in a
    >different DVD player and voila!, it worked.

    The player that does not allow me to select from the menu, is a
    >high-end NAD T571 5 disc player, while the player that it does work on
    >is an older (cheaper) Sony single-disc player. Is there something
    >wrong with the NAD?

    It may be possible the second disc may have an incompatibility with your NAD
    DVD player while the Sony doesn't.

    You can try to exchange the DVDs for a different set at the place of purchase,
    assuming you do have the sales receipt.

    You can also try to contact NAD and the disc publisher for troubleshooting
    details. - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Jan 26, 2004

  3. This seems to be a known problem with this DVD. I found the info below
    at:

    http://www.backstreets.com/news.html

    "Many fans have been experiencing problems with disc two of "Live in
    Barcelona," with some DVD players unable to navigate the on-screen menu
    or access the special features. Sony is aware of the problem, and says
    that they will replace defective discs by mail. If yours doesn't work
    correctly, you'll find contact information for their Quality Management
    Department on the back of the DVD package. In the U.S., the number to
    call is 1-800-255-7514 (New Jersey residents call 856-722-8224).

    You'll be asked for the DVD's catalog number (which is C2D56390), so
    have that handy, along with your name, address, and telephone number;
    according to the QM Dept., Sony will be sending out envelopes for the
    return of the defective discs, to be replaced with copies that actually
    work. It seems not everyone has gotten a bum disc; we'd recommend
    testing yours before calling Sony."

    Hope this helps.

    NeoMaxiZoomDweeby, Jan 26, 2004