    http://nadelectronics.com/products/hifi-amplifiers/214-Stereo-Power-Amplifier#heading-downloads

    Some Data

    http://www.nrpavs.co.nz/archive/Sold_htm/NAD214.htm
    William Brown, Nov 28, 2010

  2. William Brown

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    , William Brown says...

    > Have a NAD Model 214 laying around, but what is it worth..?
    >

    > Was given to my Wife by here Daughter, but its been stored in the
    > Garage, and I forgot about it, just been tiding up the Garage and
    > noticed it again, my Wife does not even know what it is and I have no
    > use for it.
    >

    > Review
    >
    > http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/nad/amplifiers/214/PRD_116002_1583crx.aspx
    >

    > Manual
    >
    > http://nadelectronics.com/products/hifi-amplifiers/214-Stereo-Power-Amplifier#heading-downloads
    >

    > Some Data
    >

    > http://www.nrpavs.co.nz/archive/Sold_htm/NAD214.htm

    Does it have the toroidial amp?

    It's probably worth about $30 - they're old now, and while their sound
    is OK, the 214 isn't a top NAD model by any means.

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Nov 28, 2010

  3. William Brown

    Richard Guest

    On 28/11/2010 7:16 p.m., Dave Doe wrote:
    > In article<>,
    > , William Brown says...
    >>
    >> Have a NAD Model 214 laying around, but what is it worth..?
    >>

    >> Was given to my Wife by here Daughter, but its been stored in the
    >> Garage, and I forgot about it, just been tiding up the Garage and
    >> noticed it again, my Wife does not even know what it is and I have no
    >> use for it.
    >>

    >> Review
    >>
    >> http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/nad/amplifiers/214/PRD_116002_1583crx.aspx
    >>

    >> Manual
    >>
    >> http://nadelectronics.com/products/hifi-amplifiers/214-Stereo-Power-Amplifier#heading-downloads
    >>

    >> Some Data
    >>

    >> http://www.nrpavs.co.nz/archive/Sold_htm/NAD214.htm

    > Does it have the toroidial amp?
    >
    > It's probably worth about $30 - they're old now, and while their sound
    > is OK, the 214 isn't a top NAD model by any means.

    If you know a source of them for $30, I will take 4 ;)
    Richard, Nov 28, 2010
  4. William Brown

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <ictgt4$r1m$>, , Richard
    says...

    > On 28/11/2010 7:16 p.m., Dave Doe wrote:
    > > In article<>,
    > > , William Brown says...
    > >>
    > >> Have a NAD Model 214 laying around, but what is it worth..?
    > >>

    > >> Was given to my Wife by here Daughter, but its been stored in the
    > >> Garage, and I forgot about it, just been tiding up the Garage and
    > >> noticed it again, my Wife does not even know what it is and I have no
    > >> use for it.
    > >>

    > >> Review
    > >>
    > >> http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/nad/amplifiers/214/PRD_116002_1583crx.aspx
    > >>

    > >> Manual
    > >>
    > >> http://nadelectronics.com/products/hifi-amplifiers/214-Stereo-Power-Amplifier#heading-downloads
    > >>

    > >> Some Data
    > >>

    > >> http://www.nrpavs.co.nz/archive/Sold_htm/NAD214.htm

    > > Does it have the toroidial amp?
    > >
    > > It's probably worth about $30 - they're old now, and while their sound
    > > is OK, the 214 isn't a top NAD model by any means.

    > If you know a source of them for $30, I will take 4 ;)

    Trademe.

    I got an integrated 310 for $30 on TM. Dunno why - thought it would go
    with the NAD speakers? - something like that. :)

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Nov 28, 2010
  5. William Brown

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Have a NAD Model 214 laying around, but what is it worth..?
    >

    > Was given to my Wife by here Daughter, but its been stored in the
    > Garage, and I forgot about it, just been tiding up the Garage and
    > noticed it again, my Wife does not even know what it is and I have no
    > use for it.
    >

    > Review
    >
    > http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/nad/amplifiers/214/PRD_116002_1583crx.aspx
    >

    > Manual
    >
    > http://nadelectronics.com/products/hifi-amplifiers/214-Stereo-Power-Amplifier#heading-downloads
    >

    > Some Data
    >

    > http://www.nrpavs.co.nz/archive/Sold_htm/NAD214.htm

    Hi Roger

    Dunno how I missed this but just noticed your post. You still got this
    amp and more importantly does it still go ? If so it would probably find
    a good home here for a wee project with my NAD turntable. I think you
    still have my details.

    Thanks Bazz
    bAZZ, Jan 8, 2011
  6. On Sun, 9 Jan 2011 12:02:52 +1300, bAZZ <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> Have a NAD Model 214 laying around, but what is it worth..?
    >>

    >> Was given to my Wife by here Daughter, but its been stored in the
    >> Garage, and I forgot about it, just been tiding up the Garage and
    >> noticed it again, my Wife does not even know what it is and I have no
    >> use for it.
    >>

    >> Review
    >>
    >> http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/nad/amplifiers/214/PRD_116002_1583crx.aspx
    >>

    >> Manual
    >>
    >> http://nadelectronics.com/products/hifi-amplifiers/214-Stereo-Power-Amplifier#heading-downloads
    >>

    >> Some Data
    >>

    >> http://www.nrpavs.co.nz/archive/Sold_htm/NAD214.htm

    >Hi Roger
    >
    >Dunno how I missed this but just noticed your post. You still got this
    >amp and more importantly does it still go ? If so it would probably find
    >a good home here for a wee project with my NAD turntable. I think you
    >still have my details.
    >
    >Thanks Bazz

    Yes I gave it to my old firm to check out for me as I don't have
    speakers or a Pre amp to connect it with.

    You are probably looking at some $200 to ship it..
    William Brown, Jan 9, 2011
  7. William Brown

    Richard Guest

    On 9/01/2011 5:53 p.m., William Brown wrote:

    > Yes I gave it to my old firm to check out for me as I don't have
    > speakers or a Pre amp to connect it with.
    >
    > You are probably looking at some $200 to ship it..

    To where? I cant see how any stereo component short of a levinson could
    cost that much to get around NZ!
    Richard, Jan 9, 2011
  8. On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 00:05:46 +1300, Richard <> wrote:

    >On 9/01/2011 5:53 p.m., William Brown wrote:
    >
    >> Yes I gave it to my old firm to check out for me as I don't have
    >> speakers or a Pre amp to connect it with.
    >>
    >> You are probably looking at some $200 to ship it..

    >To where? I cant see how any stereo component short of a levinson could
    >cost that much to get around NZ!

    Weights a Ton and is a Large 19" rack size amp
    William Brown, Jan 10, 2011
  9. William Brown

    Richard Guest

    On 10/01/2011 3:08 p.m., William Brown wrote:
    > On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 00:05:46 +1300, Richard<> wrote:
    >
    >> On 9/01/2011 5:53 p.m., William Brown wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yes I gave it to my old firm to check out for me as I don't have
    >>> speakers or a Pre amp to connect it with.
    >>>
    >>> You are probably looking at some $200 to ship it..

    >> To where? I cant see how any stereo component short of a levinson could
    >> cost that much to get around NZ!

    > Weights a Ton and is a Large 19" rack size amp

    Under 20kg and well within the size that you dont need excess tickets,
    sent bigger before and it was like $24 or so.
    Richard, Jan 12, 2011